Chapter 2

"Any plans?" Fang asked, hiding behind a chunk of rock as they scouted for the speed girl, Ying. She had most likely been notified of Gopal's defeat, and she would be on high alert. Ever since they had passed the first guard, she had stopped her speed boosts and stayed in a fixed position. The recruits weren't joking when they could only pass with some special powers, because Time and Gravity Manipulation wasn't a force to be taken lightly.

For the fact that their powers were out of the question, they would have to rely on smarts to triumph this chick. From what Reverse noticed, she took breaks from her speed boosts and it must be some sort of a recovery time judging from her watch.

Reverse booted up his grappling hook. "She knows we're both here, so splitting up wouldn't work. We need to get her to use her powers once and I'll handle the rest."

Fang nodded. "And how are you going to do that?"

Reverse told him the plan. Fang looked like he'd rather flip a table, but time's still ticking. Knowing TAPOPS, they'd probably have surveillance everywhere, so cheating was not an option.

Fang darted to the other side of the mountain, deliberately creating a distraction. Ying fell for it, and she sped off to Fang's direction. As Fang was slowed down by Ying's powers, Reverse caught up to them. He snuck behind Ying and tied her legs together with a tripwire, resulting in her losing focus and freeing Fang from her time placation.

If things were this easy, Reverse would change his name. Ying still can control the time in a certain area, and she slowed time in the area around Reverse. However, her powers only affect one area at a time, so she left plenty of openings for Fang to attack.

Having your time slowed wasn't a pleasant experience. The people outside the range were moving like a fast-forwarded movie while he's stuck at his normal speed.

The power percentage on Ying's watch fell to a zero, going into a forced recharge mode. Reverse and Fang used this chance to advance on the final stage. This time, there was no plan. The girl who could control gravity hits like a truck, could fly, and she could multiply their bodyweight by hundreds. No amount of planning could cover up the possibilities, at least not a plan created in thirty seconds.

"Hey! Floaty!" Reverse shouted, gaining the girl's attention. "Nice view up there?"

Fang stared at him like, Are you fucking serious?

Yaya frowned. "Do I know you? You look familiar!"

If there was one thing Reverse knew about Yaya, it was her cookies were extremely lethal, and she was enthusiastic about promoting her deadly treats whatever the situation.

"Don't think so," Reverse called. "You know what could go well with the scenery? Some cookies!"

Yaya floated down to them, eyes sparkling with hope. "You're right!" She brought out a packet of cookies from her pocket. "Here! Try some!"

Fang and Reverse both exchanged glances and took one each.

Ying and Gopal, from the lower parts of the hill both prayed for the examinees' well-beings. They would bring flowers to their graves later.

Reverse popped the heart-shaped biscuit in his mouth, but instead of swallowing it, he stole its aspect of the knock-outness. Yes, he can steal powers or skills from non-living organisms too, but he can only use it once. In doing so, he turned the lethal biscuit into a normal edible cookie.

"How does it taste?" Yaya asked excitedly.

Reverse swallowed it. "It's average..."

"So you like it?" Yaya pushed.

"Something like that, I suppose."

(Insert Ying and Gopal's jaws dropping.)

Reverse focused the cookie's lethalness into his finger. One touch from it and whoever's unlucky enough will be knocked out like a light, and have the aftertaste for at least an hour.

"Really? Thank you! My name's Yaya." She extended her hand.

Reverse shook her hand. "My name's Boboiboy."

And boom. She was out like a light.

Fang understood how his boyfriend's powers worked and threw the cookie as far away as he can.

They retrieved the power sphere, Ochobot and they passed the test.

"Good work, you guys!" Ochobot congratulated them.

Later, they were administered as beginner cadets and given a shared room right next to Gopal's. When they passed by Yaya and Ying's shared room, they heard Yaya choking to the taste of her cookies.

"How bad was the cookie?" Fang asked, spooning the shorter boy at night.

Reverse yawned. "Judging from her reaction... you don't want to know..."

The next morning, they were relocated into their team. Not only do they have to deal with working in more numbers, Reverse had the sudden urge to flip the table in their faces and screw all of them.

"What's your name?" Ying asked Fang. Since Reverse had already introduced himself to Yaya, the only individual that had yet to introduce himself was Fang.

Fang shrugged. "Shade."

"Are you two a gay couple?" Gopal butted in.

Reverse glared. "Do you think we're dating?"

Gopal shrugged. "Yeesh, just asking. No need to be so hostile."

And that was how the beginning of their nightmare began.