Chapter 6

"You're looking gloomier than usual," Reverse noted. By now, thanks to Gopal's big mouth, everyone was aware of their relationship. They didn't mind, or care, for that matter. The point is Reverse woke to see Fang looking like his world of reality is crumpling around him.

Fang slurred a reply and collapsed his head on Reverse's shoulder. Fang gripped the back of Reverse's shirt, as if this was the last time he would see him.

Reverse raised an eyebrow. He wondered why the sudden emo phase, but he didn't push it.

After a few minutes, Fang pulled apart and handed him a holopad. Reverse flexed his shoulder as he read the contents. As soon as he did that, his eye twitched and understood Fang's sudden change in behaviour. (Fang was still cursing lowly at the edge of the bed.)

"An undercover mission with the Rebel Captain, Kaizo..." Reverse read aloud. "Ah, no wonder you're so emo all of a sudden."

"This isn't funny!" Fang punched the mattress. "Can we just get on with our plan already? I'd rather drink mud for a month! No, I'm going to kill myself before we even get out of this room!"

Reverse shook his shoulder. "If you're really feeling that insecure, I'll go and borrow some disguising ability. As long as I'm here, you won't need to worry about him."

"I'm not insecure," Fang snapped. "Why don't we just advance to the next step of the plan? There's basically nothing left for us to do here but that."

"We don't even know where's it supposed to be. We don't charge in aimlessly," Reverse said, changing his clothes.

"I wish we did just that."

"I wish you would just listen to your boyfriend." Reverse paused. "For once."

"Since when do I listen to you?"

"Never, but just this once!" The brunette sighed in exasperation. "Look, we still have a week before this mission. If you're up for it, the VilCon-Week starts tomorrow."

Fang grinned at the thought of it. It was a week-long celebration hosted by villains to celebrate... well, them. It was held on the planet Skepto. Normally they wouldn't care for festivities, but this was one thing they wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides, the red carrot donuts they made was pretty tasty.

No one knows who held it or why it was held there. People said it was the No. 1 villain, but no one had any proof. Skepto is a planet famous for slaves and underground markets, so holding a week-long party for villains didn't seem so far-fetched. People also said that Skepto held many secrets, but it's most likely the healing properties of their blood. Reverse had done research on it before.

Unfortunately, it was tomorrow. So they would have to find a way to spend today, assuming there weren't any missions that involved acting like sudden death mode in Super Smash Brothers. They could use the day to research how to break in to their main interface, but it would raise questions as they may be monitoring them every second.

"There's a meeting before the celebration," Fang told him. "Which is today. Don't you remember it?"

Reverse whipped to him. "There is? How did I not know?"

Fang snorted. "You always ignore it. For the past four meetings. If we want to be qualified... there's a test. It's disguised as a bodyguard qualifier. We have to find someone named Zu."

And that was how they ended up in front of a building, staring as multiple bulky individuals trudged in. They didn't look like villains, so they must be here for the audition.