CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Aiden

Even with my eyes shut tightly and a blanket over my head I could already feel the orange-ish ray burning my eyelids. My senses have awaken, my eyes are closed but I still see a white light, I could smell sweet buttered pancakes from here, by my arm is a phone vibrating,  I hear… chewing, crunching, munching, and slurping…?

Like a mummy coming back to life I opened my orbs and stared at the floral patterned blanket before lifting it over my head then sitting up straight. Across the room was Dylan on the neon bean bag balancing a bowl between his thighs and texting on another new looking phone that would probably just get stolen again, oh! a spoon in his mouth sucked in like a pacifier.

“The vampire is finally awake.” Was the first thing he said when he noticed me.

A normal teenage girl would screech if the first thing she sees is a boy in her bedroom. But I'm not a normal teenage girl. I threw one of my hard pillow at him aiming for his face he moved on instinct to avoid the flying pillow as he stood up the bowl dropped as the content spilled on the wooden tiles and thank goodness for plastic.

“Just because were best friends doesn’t mean you can just come up here and be hawk eye.” I stood up, my feet felt cold from the tiles as I made my way to the bathroom.

He scoffs, “it does. You act like you don't watch me sleep before.”

“I don't.”

“Really? Then what were you doing in my room on Christmas morning last year, huh?” Dylan says crossing his arms.

“Because you thought it was fun to get wasted before Christmas so I watched over you.” I retort. He shrugs.

He picked up the bowl and spoon, jumps on my bed. “I'm gonna change.”

“Okay.” He says, unmoving.

“So get out.”

“Its fine, I'm not interested in whatever you have.”

Dylan continues stay in his position, I hold the button of the electric toothbrush it was pointed directly at his face as the toothbrush makes mechanical noises. His eyes widen a little. “Get out.” My voice muffled due to the toothpaste in mouth, some even dropped on his shirt. Disgust was evident in his face.

-Yes, an electric toothbrush because I'm just that lazy.

Dylan scrunched his nose and pushed it away, “like I said, not interested.” He gets up straight to the door.

Checking the time for first time: 9:05 A.M., after seeing the time I quickly spat the minty solution, stripped to shower in a record of 58.3s, dressed and dashed down the stairs. If this was a relay I would have won already. My living room and kitchen looked like a café with Trish walking over to place the drinks on the coffee table, Junie, Jasper, Dylan watch TV on the sofa, and Oliver scanning the bookshelves. Have they all been here the whole time? I'm surprised even Oliver is here on school day, which reminds me.

“Why aren't you guys in class right now?!”

“With you shouting like at us like a teacher it already feels like school.” Jasper complains, keeping his eyes on SpongeBob.

Rolling my eyes at the back of his head, yup, watching SpongeBob is so bad ass. Junie spoke, “Dylan said that when he checked on you, you weren't answering-“

“-which you never did to any of my calls.” Dylan cuts in.

“So we came here early even before the chicken can cockcadoodle, went straight to your room, at first we thought you went missing but you were actually just under the blankets.”  June explains.