CHAPTER 7

Aiden

This was something I had in common with dad that my other siblings didn't have. Its that when we feel that we are not welcome or needed in a place, we leave.
So seeing this letter that he left on the kitchen counter was making me guilty, that he left before I could apologize to him. If I didnt let my anger control my actions, he would have been with me right now, probably awkardly having a conversation and catching up, though I don't share much, and besides some of our relatives would have already told him what I've been up to before I could.

You were right, I shouldnt have barged in here I guess I was just to excited to see my little princess. Please forgive me and stop reminding what has happened. Im trying to make it up to you, I know your stubborn so these gifts I left arent enough, just like your mother, not a materialistic person, and that's good but I hope you still accept them. I heard grams was sick, wish she's okay now. Im not sure if you'd want to 'hangout' and have father-daughter time, I left the adress of the place Im currently staying in. Okay bye.
-dad
32nd Lemon street, Curtis Twin Tower Hotel

Of course, where else would he go other than the place he owns. I bet the first reason he was even was because of business.

I laid on my blueish bed that night, like a little child tucked in and just staring at the glow in the dark solar system. I couldnt sleep just yet, though I was a bit tired, the events of tonight were keeping me awake.

my father being home

the talk with Elliot,
was the promise even real?

this stupid letter

Guys, I thought. Sighing deeply.
Morning came, and for once it wasnt the laser peaking through my purple curtains so early at day, today it was the irritatably continious doorbell.
Just because I felt like a monster awaken from its sleep, doesnt mean I have to look like one, so I brushed my hair then tying it into a loose bun and brushing my teeth, for short, making myself look human.

As I held the door open, there stood two tall guys both in black proffesional- looking suits. I felt like laughing right at their faces, cuz they reminded me of the Men in black movie.

The guy on the left side had that 'I take no-shit from others' kind of look with his dark blue eyes and facial hair around his jaw. The man next to him was shorter in a few inches, though he was much older than the other, and what I can see from his eyes that he was calm one.

Their definitely from Men in black.

"Miss Curtis, I am George and this is Barn." the tall one as I now know as George speaks, also giving a hand gesture to reffer to the old man next to him, Barn. " we were called by your father to pick you up."

I gave out no reaction and simply shut the other at their faces.

I knew where this was going, my father taking advantage of his daughter's kindness. He knew that I would come crawling back to him saying I'm sorry and that I forgive him then do a father- daughter moment. So he was already a step ahead.

Dad, you just made a wrong move.

Opening the door again, I was a bit suprise to see George and Barn still outside. Sensing my presence they abruptedly cleared their throat and faced me.

" Hi, please tell my dear father that its pathetic to sent his men to get his daughter, who is not even planning on visiting him."

Cold, I know but it doesnt really matter cuz I end up really saying: "Hi, I'll be ready in a minute." giving a small smile as they nod and headed for the car. Sighing, I went do what I said I was going to while mentally scolding myself for not having the guts to tell them what I really felt like saying.

I take a long shower, after that jumped into my black army boots top with dark blue jeans and grey univeristy sweatshirt my brother left. Locking up the house, I opened my own door to the back seat,they didnt even notice me get in till I reopened the door and slammed it shut. I just want to get this over with. They were startled and then we were off, before we completely go, I spotted Krypton by window giving me a look.

oh I know buddy.

thirthy minutes later, the Curtis twin tower hotel building was in sight, we stopped right in front of the lobby as a man opened my door and tipped his hat, I smiled politely.

The lady at the counter led me to his office and opened the door, giving me a little push.

Even as the door was already shut he still wouldnt turn around and just looks at the window dramatically, if I may say. As if he was waiting for me to call him to apologize.Well guess what old man it ain't coming

" Goodness sake just turn around already!" I explaimed in annoyance.

He sighed, finally facing me and first thing I noticed was the long scar running on the left side of his face,from his eyebrow to his upper cheekbone.

"Its pretty bad isn't?" he lightly laughed sitting on his office chair as I stood in the middle staring at the scar.

"why was I brought here so early in the morning. and what happened to your face?" I bluntly said, dad was just as shock as I was ,but quickly smiled.

" why dont you take a sit, dear, and I have a meeting later so I put you first on the list" he gestured to one of the leather seats as he grinned. I sat on the right side of his table so I wouldnt see the scar and stare, even if he is my dad or anyone else it would have been rude to stare.

"Its okay, daddy just had a few finacial problems with the business an-"

"are you bankrupted?" He shook his and laughed out loud as if I had whipped cream as a beard and answered me with the"of course not honey, thats never gonna happen"

I leaned back, " so what is this finacial problem of yours?"

"well one of my client friends wanted to buy this place for a very high price but of course I didnt sell it to him not to anybody, I'd rather have me making the money instead of instantly having it." I guess that was one of the things mom found good in dad, his hard working and loyalty to what he does though not to her. " He came here last week demanding to hand him the business, he had back up that was like Captain hook and scratched my face."

That. Was. The. Worst. And. Stupidest.Thing. I have ever heard.

that was pure bull.

Clue #1: the scar was fake. As I stared at it more earlier I notice it didnt match his skin tone, dad had a brownish skin and the scar was far from that.
Clue#2: no business man does that anymore, we're not in a scene of Gangster squad.
Clue#3: he wasnt even here until yesterday!

"Right...I'm sorry that happened to your face. look dad-"

he interrupts as moved he leaned in on the table, " is that all youre sorry for?"

He was making me say it.

sighing and I told him what he surely wanted to hear.

I promised.

"Look dad, we are not in the terms so I'm sorry I ran out and screamed at you when you came, it was wrong, mom taught me right. But you haven't contributed much, but even when you were gone I taught myself a few things and one of them is being independent even nursing as I took care of grandma Lucy without any finacial support from anyone but my job, so yeah bye." With that said, I walked out his office and out of the building.

I called June to tell whats been happening, and because she knows about my family and understands, the others just know that my parents seperated, nothing more.
Though when I called her a few times it went to voice mails.
Helloo its Juniper sorry Im at the outer space please leave message after the beep.
Beep.

I ended the call not bothering to leave a message and decided to go home. Its was around 10: 50 am, so I had a few ours to kill before visiting grandma and kids.

I walked and walked, not even knowing if this was still the way home. My kept moving, but quickly halted had blocked my way or since I wasnt really looking at where I was going, I had blocked theirs. I muttered an apology though I was pulled back by the arm as I was about to go past them, I looked up and saw those familiar bluegreen eyes.

"And they said when you saw a black cat, it would be badluck."