I'm sorry

You didn't know why you felt so nervous. Was it because you were supposed to spend some free time with just him, and just him? Or whether it was because you were about to tell him everything. About your mission, your family and your plans. You didn't know how he would react to any of this information and that scared the bejesus out of you.

You were standing in front of his doors a good couple of minutes now, with all the ingredients to the dinner you promised to cook. You took a deep breath and knocked, hearing footsteps second later.

"You're early", you smiled hearing his bored, but stern voice. You looked at the small watch on your wrist and smiled. It was ten to seven.

" I can stand here, some more minutes if you want", he raised his eyebrow and a small smile appeared on his lips when he let you in. As you expected his flat was almost as undecorated as yours. It was surprisingly clean in here, forgetting about some papers on the table, which was probably tests of class 1A. "I've got some rice balls to make you a bit less annoyed", you chuckled seeing him rolling his eyes. You both walked into the kitchen. You put the bags on the table and took two rice balls from the plastic container and handed one to him. He narrowed his brows and took it, taking a small bite, as checking whether it was saved to take more the next time. You couldn't help but smile, remembering as he has always done this, when you cooked something, even though knowing how amazing of a cook you are.

"They are still as good as back in school days", he finally said, taking another bit into them. You knew exactly what flavour was his favourite, and you were more than happy to see that his preferences haven't changed for all those years. " So, what are you making? " He finally asked, when you put all the ingredients on the table, to start preparing them.

"All depends on how hungry you are", you answered, starting to look for all necessary essential like bowls and knives.

"Very", he answered shortly, helping you find all the things you needed and sat down opposite you, looking at your moves. He never learned how to cook, so seeing you doing even minor things impressed him somehow.

" I was thinking of Sukiyaki as a starter, with some tempura vegetable, yakitori and rice as a main course. I also got some Daifuku for a dessert." You looked up from your preparing when you didn't hear anything from him. You smiled seeing his surprised and somehow flustered face. "Unless you don't want any of it, then I can try and make some..."

"No..." he chimed in with his usual tough tone. "It's... It's perfect", he said under his breath and you felt your heart skip a bit, but you ignored. "Do you need any help in here?"

"No, I think it would be easier not to introduce you to the cooking" you chuckled at his grin. But he needed to comply. He was a terrible cook and knew exactly that even if he tried, he would probably just burn something. He smiled seeing you focusing on the cooking. He walked away from the room leaving you to it.

***

He ate everything without a word. He couldn't believe how amazing everything was. He looked at your peaceful face and smiled to himself. You really became beautiful. Your hair grows a bit, and your body became more of a woman now than a girl. He frowned when his eyes stopped under your neck, which was covered by a turtleneck shirt.

"It's nothing nice to look at" He looked back at your eyes. You looked away and smiled sadly, touching the scar on your chest. "It's pretty disgusting."

"It's a scar, none of them is pretty", saying it, he placed his finger on the scar under his eyes.

" It makes your face look more handsome," you said, blushing a bit. He raised his brow and grunted, not sure how to respond to it. "Mine is way bigger, and makes my body even more unattractive than it already was." You took a sip of the wine and sigh. "But it isn't why you wanted to meet, right?" You got up and started to clean up when you felt his hand on yours covered in gloves.