I: Desire

A/N: We gettin' remastered in here bois. More chapters, more action, and more at the end. Hope y'all enjoy, I'll be releasing the sequel book at the end of this, just to get you more excited. See ya later my splendids!

There are many powers across the universe. Fear. Envy. Hate. Yet above all others, one seems to prevail, love. It doesn't make sense to me. Humanity always seems to gain power from it. I felt love once, yet all I have gotten from that emotion is pain. Perhaps that's it's power. The ability to destroy you with its loss. Oh well, who knows. Maybe I'll never know, then again, I may have forever.

-------------------------------------------

My vision was blurry, but the fires seemed to come through clearly. A high pitch ringing was barely able to drown out the crackling of the fires around me. My mouth tasted gross, like I'd just woken up, even though I'd been awake through the night.

"So you're the one who did this?" A woman asked.

I turned around and saw a woman with red hair wearing a red dress standing above me, a girl with darker skin, and a guy with grey hair behind her.

"Have you come to kill me too?" I asked, out of energy.

"Of course not," she began, "We were just passing through, but after seeing what you can do, I came to give you an offer."

"Which would be?"

"You join me."

A brilliant blade of brown and fire formed in her hand, the sound of glass changeling as it formed. She put her sword to my neck, read to kill me swiftly at a moments notice.

"Or you die." The woman finished.

"What do I do after I join you?"

"We can keep you safe. Once I gain what I seek, no one will be able to touch us. All you have to do is use your power to help me get there." The woman answered.

"Then where do I sign?" I asked, not ready to die.

The blade shattered to dust and the woman offered out a hand. I pushed it aside and stood up on my own.

"You're a proud one aren't you?" She asked.

"No, but I can get up by myself. The name's y/n." I said, offering a hand shake.

The woman slapped my hand to the side and gave me a confident look.

"I am Cinder, and these two are your fellow disciples, Emerald and Mercury." The woman said, beginning to walk away, "Come along now, we have places to be."

"Oohoohoo, I like you guys." I said, joining them away from the crumbling city.

Much Later...

"So why do we need this guys help again? We could easily just drop y/n in the middle of the city and let him do his thing."

"Because Mercury, the huntsmen here would be able to take him down, instilling more hope in the citizens than fear. If we want to destroy the tower, we'll need a bit of help." Cinder explained.

"Yeah, but why do we have to work with this guy?" Emerald asked.

"You two know I can hear you right?" Roman asked from across the table.

"We know." Emerald began.

"We just don't care." Mercury finished.