X: Total Defeat

Houzer and I were sneaking our way into the Naga tribe's camp, though we were still making our way around the fence and were in the woods right now.

"You didn't have to do that you know, I can stand up for myself." I said.

He didn't say anything, just kept looking ahead, determined to save Arcenciel. Houzer hardly ever got like this, it was kind of scary when he did. That unyielding determination to achieve his goals. It was a bit heavy on the soul to be around it.

I didn't try again to make him talk, not until we needed to. He looked around the corner, signaling to me that the coast was clear. We ran around the corner, making sure nobody saw us while we snuck behind a tent.

"Got a plan?" I asked.

"We split up. I'll look for Arcenciel while you look for the children." He said.

The rain began to worsen, making sure there wasn't a dry spot on the ground, it was also a bit nauseating with my semblance, but I'd gotten used to it after a few years. Houzer looked around before running across the camp, heading for the largest tent at the end of the camp. It was obviously the leader's tent, it had different colors than the rest, having red spikes on it instead of just beige and green, he must have thought they were holding Arceniel there.

He folded back the entrance flap a bit to see inside before disappearing into the darkness of the tent. I stared for a moment to wait for him to come out, but I didn't see anything happening, so I began to run to the other side of the camp. I was half way across when I heard an explosion. I turned to see Houzer flying at me. I didn't have time to react and was hit with him head on, knocking me into the mud and staining my clothes.

"What happened?" I asked as I got back up.

Houzer picked up his hammer and used it to support himself as he slowly struggled to get up. It was only then I noticed the steam coming off of him, and that part of his jacket had burnt away.

A man walked out of the large tent, he was pretty muscular, but didn't look too much older than I was, his scan was dark and scarred where it was shown. He didn't wear a shirt, but he did have a dark blue jacket unzipped to the base that fell below his waste instead of being worn like how a normal person would wear a jacket. He had black pants that were ripped at the bottom and black and blue sandals strapped to his feet. Covering his head was a dark blue helmet with two white lines on either side lining up with his eyes, which were protected by a red visor. A long braid of orange-red hair went down his back, blowing in the wind. He also had blue padded armor on his forearm that went onto the back of his hand, a layer of black latex layer underneath the armor, ending like fingerless gloves at his hands.

Without a word, he launched himself forward with an explosion, shaking the tent behind him with the force it exerted. My mind ran at lighting speed, thinking of hundreds of actions that didn't help. I pulled out my garrote, but he was already upon us by them, his hand extended towards me.

Before the explosion went off, Houzer pushed me out of the way, taking the force head on. His aura flashed as he fell to the ground.

"Houzer!" I shouted, running towards the opponent.

I tried to catch the guy with my garrote, but he dodged and grabbed me, holding me in the air by my face. He looked my body up and down before setting me down and knocking me out by punching me in the face.