VII: Success

I hadn't been there for long, only about a week, but I had the strange feeling I hadn't signed up for the role of a trained assassin as I had imagined. This was mainly do to the fact that, instead of killing, Torchwick had been wasting my skills on robbery. I mean- I know that their plan, whatever it is, probably required a large amount of dust, but why the hell was I working under that man? I could have stealthily taken care of his jobs by myself, but NO, he needs to swagger up with a uniformed posey like the drag queen that he is to alert everybody that knows his face, which is on wanted posters by the way, that he's here to rob them.

First of all- You know what, I'm not even gonna get into that. I didn't come to rant about my BS job, I went to complete the mission given to me by master Baroque. Find the relic and call Baroque, simple as that. Of course, the first of those two steps would be a bit more challenging than expected, as it involved infiltrating Beacon academy, as easy as that was. The problem was getting to/finding the vault and then getting the maiden to open it. My plan was to just hang around Cinder long enough to get to/open the vault, and then killing her and her subordinates, and getting the hell out of there. And let me tell you, I was getting nowhere fast with this job.

"Akida! Akida! Hellooo, you in there?"

I came back to reality, Torchwick in my face, poking my helmet with the end of his cane.

"Sorry, late night." I said.

"Don't care, I have an actual job for you."

He shoved his scroll in my face and began scrolling through pictures of men and women.

"These lovely individuals are members of another crime group on the rise in Vale and have been interfering with business. I think you know where I'm going with this."

"I understand, where can I find them?" I asked.

"You won't have to, we're gonna pull a heist in their neighborhood as loudly as flashily as possibly. They come out, you take care of them, we get away. Simple, sweet, and easy. Just don't mess this up, capiche?"

"Understood." I said.

About two hours later the plan was in action. I was set up on top of a building with a good view of "Garder's Dust." Roman and some lackeys went in and shot guns at the ceiling to attract attention, shooting some shots outside for extra effect. As they grabbed all the dust they could from the cashier, I noticed a group of people shrouded in shadows in the alley next to the dust shop. One peaked their head around and they matched a brown haired woman from the photos.

I jumped down from my post and landed on the shorter building next to it, using my aura to absorb the fall damage, doing the same to scale down the smaller building and into the alley. Peaking around the corner, I saw that a few of them had vanished, probably trying to reach a better vantage point. I looked around me and found a beer bottle that wasn't quite empty yet and decided to use it as best I could.

I exited the alley, walking like a drunk with the bottle in my hand. I crossed the street and entered the alley way, easily being noticed my the people there, but not being taken too seriously.

"Hey." I said in a drunken manner, putting my arm around the middle man's neck, "You know what day it is?"

They quickly pulled out a knife and set it to my throat, "Get off."