IX: Darker

I had they keys for the cages, and I was now looking for Peach. I had run to the other side of the camp to try and find him, but I was having a hard time finding him, and staying unnoticed was a challenge with both the keys and my handcuffs jingling as I moved about.

"Peach! Peach!" I whisper shouted around the corner of a small tent.

"So you've managed to escape."

I turned around to see the large guard, Blacen I believe the short one called him.

"Know that you will not leave here alive. There are no second chances."

He reached behind his back and pulled out a large black steel staff, a large axe blade at one end of it. I looked around and noticed someone peaking around the corner of the tent with the cages, it was Peach. He had a scared look on his face, like he knew what this guy's semblance was, Peach wasn't much of a fighter despite his appearance, but it did take a lot to scare him.

I jumped back to block the man trying to slice me in half. He was rather fast for somebody of his size, so fast in fact, that I hadn't any time to react when he grabbed my by the neck and threw me to the ground, accept, I didn't. I was just standing, in total darkness.

"You shall not leave this place alive." The man's deep, menacing voice said, echoing in the dark void.

I looked around desparately, but didn't see anybody, unable to see even my own hands. I heard the ace rushing through the air, just barely dodging it by crouching as quickly as possible. The sound had come from behind me, so I got up and kicked at the air in front me, hitting a wall of pure muscle.

Now I was beginning to understand what was happening, it seems his semblance had either made me blind, or had brought me to a pocket space with no light. Judging from the echoes, it was more probable to be the ladder.

I swiftly jumped back and activated my aura all around me to block any incoming attacks. A blunt force hit me from the front, the man's fist, judging from the size of it.

My aura lit up on the moment of impact, showing my opponent in front of me, the large man pulling his fist back and raising his axe again. I rolled to the side and heard the axe slicing its way through the air. I reached up with both hands and closed them until I had grabbed the axe handle near the blade.

Instead of trying to pull it away, I jumped on top of the handle. Then grabbing the man's cloak and swung myself behind his head, wrapping the chain of my handcuffs around his neck and pulling back as hard as I possible could. My foe dropped his weapon and grabbed my chain instead, just as I had intended. I then flipped myself over his head by the chain and kicked him in the face, forcing him to let go of me as he fell onto his back.

I felt the ground like a blind person who just dropped their glasses until I felt the cold metallic shaft of the axe. I picked it up, took a second to adjust to the weight, and prepared to get out of this place.

"I'll give you a chance to surrender before I apply further force." I threatened, turning in the direction I remember the man falling.

"How- How did you-"

"I was stronger than you, simple as that." I explained, "My exit."

"I would rather die than allowing an enemy into the great Naga tribe!" He refused.

I remembered where he fell and held the axe up.