V: Fight

The rain poured heavy on this cold day. Everything seemed to disappear into the grey void, only broken by the brightest of lights. I stood on a street corner, my umbrella over me keeping me dry. I walked down an empty empty street, my loneliness only multiplied by the lack of people around me to warm my soul. I passed by the alley way where we'd met, not on the greatest of terms mind you, but still the most important moment of my life.

I looked up at the grey clouds above, the things of beauty he'd helped me appreciate like I never had before, now grim reminders that I'd never see him again...

"Hey kid!" Roman called from behind me.

I turned to see what his call was about as he jogged towards me.

"The hell are you doing out here? You're gonna catch a cold in this weather!" He said, studying my face, seeing past my attempted numbness, "Still hung up on that huh?"

Roman pulled out a cigar and lit it, stepping towards the building to our right and leaning towards the glass, only being able to smoke because of the roof over us.

"You're probably wondering 'why does this carrot topped smudgin care about my problems?' If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be wondering the same thing kid. Truth is, I don't, but y/n did. Sure, I may seem like a douche, but I like to think of myself as the cool uncle of crime lords, y'know. And I gotta tell ya, y/n was kinda like a cool, emo nephew. He rubbed off on me." He stopped for a moment to inhale some lung cancer, "But listen kid, you gotta let it go, these kinds of things happens a lot. Granted, they don't normally involve giant monsters, but they do happen. You can't beat yourself up about something that wasn't your fault forever."

He turned to see me, noticing no change.

"Listen, you have a couple of choices on what you could do from here, one of those is your continued depression, just keep being sad about it, sure nothing will change, but hey, at least you'll know how you feel. A better option would be leaving to look for him. I can guarantee he's alive out there, not like anything could kill him with his semblance active. Then again, you'd probably be killed if Cinder ever found out... Ooh! How about you get over it and start enjoying yourself, get so caught up in your work that you stop caring! Yeah!"

He then saw how that only worsened my gloom.

"Uhh, alright, how about we give you amnesia so you forget he ever existed! I mean sure, the sight of Mercury or any familiar locations could just bring it all back, but hey, temporary solutions are still solutions, for a while."

I fell onto my knees and put my face in my palms as I began crying. I knew it! I was hopeless! There was nothing I could do! I was better off dead!

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm down kid, everything's alright! It's alright!" Roman said, attempting comforted me.

He took a deep sigh before standing me up, my eyes still dropping tears and my arms at my sides. He looked around us to make sure the coast was clear.

"Here, uhh, there's probably something neat and helpful in this alley way and I'm totally not saying this because I'm scared of being heard by certain people." He said, dragging me into an alley next to the building, the rain now falling on me, as I'd dropped my umbrella under the overhang.

"Okay, I need you to listen kid because I'm not saying this twice!" He said, kneeling down to my level with his hands on my shoulders, "Cinder told Mercury and Emerald to get rid of Y/n."