XI: Home

After we got back from the Naga tribe camp, after Vernal, my team, and I had helped Raven get all of the new recruits situated, Raven had asked to have a word with me in her tent.

"What is it ma'am?" I asked as I entered her tent with her.

"Nothing you need to overly stress yourself about, I simply need someone to help me plan our next move." She explained.

"I see. While I'm flattered by this, why not have Vernal help, she is quite the tactician after all." I asked.

"She's, uh, going through a phase I think. Not acting like herself you know."

"Understandable, a phase we've both also been through I suspect." I said.

Raven sighed, "Yeah."

She sat down on one of the floor pillows beside her table, one leg bent on the ground, the other knee bent upwards to lay her arm on while she rested, "Kids these days."

"What about them?" I inquired.

"They're just so, you know, obsessed with each other; and they can't be within proximity of someone else their age without wanting to either fight for fuck, I mean, what the fuck?"

"Need I remind you that you are one of the few people here with a child, and we both know I do not need to remind you how old you were when you gave birth to her." I said.

"And just what is that supposed to mean?" Raven asked in an angered tone.

"Nothing madam." I said, "About our next offensive?"

"Right, back on track, I'm having a hard time deciding between two locations to strike next."

"Those being?"

Raven walked over to her drawer and pulled out a large, worn out, folded paper map with several triangular tears along the edges, which she brought over to the table and unfolded across its surface. The map itself displayed the continent of Anema with some of the nearby islands, all land being masses of dark green with black outlines. In the same place as the Naga tribe camp we had just destroyed was a large black X over a smaller N, though not too far from it were about 4 other N's, two of which were about the same distance from the X'd out one.

"After out last assault, it's likely they're on high alert, and now they have one less camp to put their bandits." Raven said.

"So our next move shall be inevitably met by much more resistance."

"Exactly," Raven agreed, "Problem is, I don't know where to go next. Peach told me who's currently in each of the closest camps; the most eastward camp has Proditor Harenae, or at least it should soon, as he was apparently present for your attack, Peach said he was retreating eastward near the end of it all. Then there's Quill Brevard in the west, though Peach hadn't heard from him in a while, so he may have been compremised."

"Wait, where is Peach anyway? Shouldn't he be here to help us?"

"He's resting, and I don't believe he quite holds the same tactical mind you do. Besides, I doubt we'll come to a decision on this right now, I just needed to catch you up to speed and thought your two cents on this would be helpful before I make a final decision." Raven explained.