Chapter 4. Welcome to Hell

The question came unexpectedly and made me go stiff. Lucifer had soft of answered my question, but only with another question. I sat frozen in my seat as the question ran through my head over and over again. "Where do I think I am?" I thought as I stared at him in disbelief. Before I could even answer my question an image flashed through my head as Lucifer picked up his cup.

     I smacked the cup out of his hand, sending it to the floor. He didn't seem to notice for a moment, then his face was contorted in to a scowl. "Why. Did. You. Do that?", he asked, calming alittle at the end of his.... many sentences. I gulped, avoiding his gaze. "The cup had something wrong-" I stopped talking , looking at Lucifer with wide eyes, then continued, "Someone, no, that lady tried to poison you!"

     Lucifer looked at me in confusion. "Why would she?" he asked, but I wasn't the one he wanted to answer that question. Without another word he whipped up my cup and examined it, carefully. After giving the cup a sniff, he placed his lips on the cup and to a slow drink from it.

     At the time I didn't know what was really going on and just made up an excuse for his behaviour. Letting it slide as he beckoned the lady back over to the table. "You may want to clean this up," he stated guesturing towards thr floor. She looked down and then back up, "How did this happen?" Lucifer responed but not loud enough for me to hear. The lady left after cleaning my mess. Even as the conversation progressed to another topic, I never got my cup of tea back.

     "Cole was right" Lucifer said bluntly. "Huh?" I looked at him curious of what he meant. "This is all pointless, you have no use", he ran a hand through his hair, furiously

     "You aren't suited for this waste land, you're too lively. I don't like that" he drags on

     "So, am I really in hell?" I question ruining his dark atmosphere. He replied with, "yes", and went on to say, "Not for long"