Chapter 8. Déjà Vu

The darkness felt strange, not foreign, but confusing with the feeling of falling. All I could make out in the dark was my feet below me that only added to the thought of falling. It all disappeared as I shut my eyes and opened them again. I was back in my bed, my home, as an alarm went of telling me to get up. I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm with a smile as I realized it was only a dream, "Now, it would be funny if that all really happened," I joked to myself and got dressed, for I was late. 

As I was shuved out of the company doors, "And don't even think about receiving your monthly check!," is all my boss said as he slammed the door behind me. "Whaa-..No, this is, okay? Yes, okay!" I hummed to myself as I sat my box of thing on the passenger seat and closed my door. I shivered and started the engine. Although the engine hummed nicely, I felt uneasy and sick just setting in the car with the damn box just across from me. I sighed and told myself to stop being childish. I pulled the car onto the main road and drove home, satisfied with the smooth drive. I made my way up to the intersection, the light a clear green. I drove on. Nothing! I prematurly celebrated to myself as I drove smoothly out of the intersection. I didn't make it out of the intersection before a car on both sides of me came at a blazing speed.

That's when I saw it. I saw him, Cole standing amidst the onlookers of the crash. He looked calm as the sound of metal crush was the last thing I heard, clamping my eyes closed. I opened them and it was déjà vu. I gave my eyes little time to settle to the scene and my ears to stop ringing as I kicked my door open and walked at a fast pace to Cole my fist clenched with angier and hope. Not even the blood that dripped down from my head could stop me as I gripped his collar. "Shi-!" is all he could say as I punched him square in the nose. He held his nose as I felt the adrenaline cource through my veins.

I huffed and heaved my breathing becoming more labored, "Someone better of called 9-1-1!" I yelled now resting on my feet. Cole leaned down next to me saying nothing and keeping my breathing in check. We sat like this for awhile until Cole reached in his pocket and pulled out an envelope. 

---------------------------------------------------------

This sucks! Thank You for reading! 

((⇀‸↼)) this might be the last one! ~(˘▾˘~) Bye bye~