Chapter 5. Good Tipper

I sat quietly as the man infront of me drank the cup of tea that was origionaly given to me. Not a word was said as he emptyed the cup. Must have been very nice tea, for he looked rather pleased when he sat the empty cup onto the table. Still, scilence lingered around us as my eyes woundered the café. "Time is up," I heard Lucifer state accompanied with a ding.

     I looked back at him in confusion, "Time's up? What's that mean?" It seemed to always be questions with this man, he can't even get to the point. What a pain. But telling by the look on his face, I had no room to talk. Lucifer sighed. Without any words he threw a twenty on to the table and left.

     "No tip?" I questioned him as he walked to the door. He stopped, almost like he was restraining himself.

     Everyone in the café was staring at the man intently as he stood motionless. The atmosphere in the café. It was cold and harsh. Did he not like my comment? Did he not get that I was joking? Was the King of Hell going to send me to internal suffering?

     I trembled. Lucifer gave off no emotion as he took one step forward , then turned around. His posture was straight and his hands had found their way into his pockets. His stants was calm, yet...cockey?

      I furrowed my eyebrows. He knew that he was causing everyone to look uneasy. He even knew he was the reason the atmosphere changed so quickly. The way he now was completely different from when we were chatting at the table, moments ago.

     Now, he seemed arrogant. His entire body language was different. He seemed more self-assured that intimdating, even without moving or talking I could tell he thought very highly of himself.

     I came back to reality at the right time. Lucifer had now replaced his emotionless frown into a cunning smirk. His eyes were focused on me. At first confused, I soon realized I had zoned out....staring at him. My face heated up and he took a step forward. He was now walking towards me. With my luck, he was probably going to mock me for staring. But, I couldn't help but become intranced byt he way he walked.

      It was that of a king and his confidence was the same. Of course that was only because he is a king, ruling with an iron fist over the underworld.

     It didn't seem fair that he was extremely handsome and well spoken.

     As he nearred, my heart began to race of what his next move would be. What he could do terrified me to the point that I couldn't move. What he was really going to do never crossed my mind.

     He stopped, an inch from the chair I was seated in. He gazed down at me with a grin. Terror, is the only word that can describe how I felt at that moment.

     His grin turned into a soft smile as he leaned down. Centimeters frome my face, he stopped and whispered, "How's this for a tip?" and pressed his lips against mine.

    His lips, warm and soft, irresistible. The only reason I have for kissing him back is because it was welcoming. The more heated the kiss got the more dizzy I became, but I couldn't seem to say, "no". His hands pressed against my back, in an attempt to deepen the kiss. This caused me to blackout. 

     I snapped my eyes open out of fear. It was dark and I felt the sensation of falling. I closed my eyes, then opened them again.

     I jerked up. I was now in a quiet room. It was cold and filled with many machines. I was in a hospitial. I looked around the room. I found that there was an iv in my arm and my heart monitor was going haywire. I also found a warn hand holding mine. A man with sandy blonde hair sat, asleep, in the chair beside my bed. It was James, my ex. I wrenched my hand over towards him. I gave the crown of his head a light pat as I saw a nurse and doctor near the door of my room.

      With that, he woke up just in time to see the doctor freak out. It was a haliarous sight. I laid back down as he cleared things up with that doctor and nurse. It was quiet for awhile afterwards, so I took that as a chance to go back to sleep.

     I gave him a smile then dozed off.