Chapter Six

Present Day (2014)

*Klara's Point of View*

"Bourbon, please, " I told the bartender as I sat down on the leather seat.

I brushed through my long hair with my fingers, then look off my leather jacket.

"Here you are miss, can I get do anything else for you?" A glass of bourbon was set on the table in front of me. I examined it for a minute, then looked up at the young waiter.

"No, kid. Thanks." I gave him a quick nod and then dismissed him.

As the waiter stepped away, a man, around 40 sat down next to me.

"Can I help you?" I sighed, taking a drink.

"Why don't you come back to my place baby... We could have a good time..." the man stank of alcohol, he was clearly drunk.

I looked at him, smiled, then grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, "Why don't you get out of here before I snap your arm?"

A look of fear washed over the mans face and he fled immediately.

It was people like him that made me question staying in that town.

I had been travelling the world for around 100 years, looking for the perfect place to live. I had to get away from England. I lost control there... every innocent person became a walking blood bag for me- so I had to get out of there and get myself under control.

So my travels had brought me to a little place in America.

I liked the town that I ended up in: Evenant City. It was a nice place, a quiet place. I wanted to keep moving, I wanted to see the whole world.

* *

After sitting in the bar for about an hour, I decided to take myself back to my apartment. I stepped up to the till and set down a $20 bill, and a $5 tip on top.

As I turned to leave, yet another drunk man stumbled backwards, hitting into me; sending me flying back. My hand was grabbed just before I hit the ground. I looked up to see who had helped me.

"Why is it I am always there to catch you at the right moment?"

I froze for just a second, before steadying myself again.

"... It's you..." I whispered, as my eyes started fill up.

"It's me..." He whispered back.

"...Klaus..." was all I could manage.

I stood on the one spot, not able to move.

Klaus stepped forwards, and pushed my hair out of my face.

Suddenly that special feeling was back. The feeling I hadn't felt since I was human.

Love.

All of my memories came flooding back. The barn, the drawings, the late night kisses, the final kiss.

I slowly wrapped my arms around Klaus' waist. He still felt exactly the same. Warm... Comforting.

"It's been almost 200 years." Klaus whispered over my shoulder,

"And it feels like I said goodbye to you yesterday."

I remembered our final goodbye. Me running to The Mikaelsons' house in the darkness, hoping to get to them before their Father did. I remembered Rebekah swinging the door open and I remember the guilt I felt writing to my sister, Amelie.

I pulled away from the hug first.

I didn't want to cry. I had done too much crying in the past, and I was done with it.

"I can't believe you're here. I thought I'd never see you again... " I laughed, swallowing away any chances of tears.

"Well that's why you turned in the first place, wasn't it? So we could someday meet again?" Klaus obviously remembered everything too.

"You're right. And by the way... We have 170 years to catch up on" I nudged Klaus, and he grinned.

"Well then, lunch tomorrow? The Pelican at 2:00?" Klaus looked directly into my chocolate brown eyes.

"Got it. See you then... Klaus..." I couldn't believe I was talking To Nicklaus Mikaelson. After 160 years of looking for him; I had just about given up... and then he came back into my life for the second time- almost exactly the same way he came into it for the first time.

Tomorrow was going to be the best day of my life. I knew it would be.