Chapter Nine

Klaus and I spent almost every day together for the next 3 weeks.

It was the day before our flight to London, we were sitting on my sofa together, as usual. Klaus had been staying at my apartment for the past 2 weeks, he had to check out of his hotel, he had only booked it for a couple of weeks.

"You know Klara, we could find out if our barn is still in existence," Klaus stated, looking away from the TV screen in front of us.

I gave him a confused look, so he continued speaking,

"Well- just go onto the computer, onto the map app, and search the location of it!" Klaus jumped up from his spot on the sofa, and darted over to my computer chair in the corner of the room, dragging me with him.

I stood over him, as he typed like crazy on the laptop keyboard. A few moments later, he pointed at a modern looking house on the screen.

"That's it. The exact spot of our barn house. It was obviously knocked down a while ago..." Klaus didn't take his eyes off the screen.

"Someday, we'll own that house, Klaus. We'll live there, and it will be just like old times," I smiled, admiring the three storey house, with a cute little garden.

"We have a whole list of places we have to visit, love! Let's see, we will go to... the barn house, the forest, the area where my house was, even your old home... only if you want." Klaus wrapped one of his arms around me, and held himself there for a few seconds.

"we'll see everything, Klaus. Every inch of that town!" I threw my arms out, as if the space between my hands, was the town.

"I can't wait." Klaus looked into my eyes, and then mouthed, what looked like 'I love you'

I stepped into my room, and pulled out my suitcase, to begin packing.

I tore everything out from my wardrobe, and felt something solid at the back, I reached in for it and dragged it out. A tear came to my eye as I acknowledged it. The painting Klaus had painted of me. It was still in pretty good condition, seeing as it was over 100 years old.

"Klaus, come and see this!" I shouted into the main room, and Klaus came darting into the room.

"My painting! I remember every detail of that day..." Klaus lifted the painting into his hands.

"I don't remember every detail of it... because some dick decided to compel me!" I joked elbowing Klaus.

He just chuckled and handed me back the picture.

"Well then, continue packing! We are leaving very early! 4 AM! You have... six hours!" Nicklaus instructed, glimpsing at the clock on my wall.

He shuffled out of the room, and I heard him put The kettle on. He was making another coffee. We had already drank 3 or 4 cups, so we could stay awake until four o'clock, then sleep on the plane on the way to England.

* *

*Klaus' Point of View*

I could barely contain my excitement that day! I hadn't been to England since the day my family fled the country, back in the 1800's, and I was filled with excitement to relive all the happy memories with Klara.

* *

The time drew near to 4, and I was hurrying Klara out the door of her apartment.

"Come on! Hurry up, we need to get to the airport! Grab your case and lets go!!" I was standing in the corridor, looking at Klara; who was applying her final touches of makeup.

"Hang on, Nicklaus! It's not even four yet! I'm coming in a second!" she pulled her brown hair over her shoulder, gripped her hand around the handle of her suitcase, and started wheeling it out the door.

She locked the door behind her, then threw the keys at me, so I could catch them. I slipped them in my pocket, then offered my arm for Klara to hold. She grabbed it with her free hand and we began walking to my car.

The car ride was torturous! It was clear we were both anxious to get to the airport, and it was agonising having to drive for an hour just to get there.

Klara's eyes were opening and closing; she was drifting off to sleep. I was jealous, I wanted to sleep too, but that would result to us crashing our car, and also missing our flight; so I focused on the road, and made sure my eyes didn't shut.

* *

"Klara, love? Wake up! We're at the airport!" I shouted to Klara, shaking her shoulders. Her eyes slowly opened, and she groaned.

"What?" she asked me sleepily. She looked adorable, which made me smile.

"Let's go get on a plane, Klara!" I grinned, stepping out of the car, and heading to the boot of the car to get our cases.

Klara appeared beside me a few seconds later, and she took her suitcase, waiting patiently for me to lock the car and start walking.

"Are you excited?" I questioned, giving Klara's hand a quick squeeze.

She nodded and a grin stretched across her face.