Chapter Eleven

*Klara's Point of View*

We were stood in front of the house that marked the spot of our barn house. A tear pricked my eye, and I rested my head on Klaus' shoulder.

"This is where I first met you," I whispered, as we sat on the grass near the house.

"If it hadn't been for my mother making me go to see this place, I would've never met you..." I hadn't realised that before. My mother- who I killed- was the reason I met the love of my life... I started to tear up even more, and I let the tears roll down my face for a minute.

"Hey, you helped her... She would be so proud of you today," Klaus wrapped his arms around my shaking body.

I shook my head.

"She'd hate me. She wanted all vampires dead. Vampires killed my father." I explained to Klaus.

He fell silent, then hugged me even tighter.

"Well, how about you stop crying, and we think back on all the great stuff we did in that house!" Klaus pointed at the house, then continued speaking.

"Like the first time we met there. I scared you so much, you almost fell down a ladder!" Klaus laughed. He made me giggle.

"Or the time when we spent three hours there, while I was drawing you!" Klaus wiped all the tears off my cheeks. He was so comforting.

"Or the time when we just sat and kissed and kissed and kissed," I spoke, as a small smile formed on my face.

Klaus nodded, "Personally, one of my favourite memories," he nudged me playfully, then kissed the top of my head.

"And when we thought we were saying goodbye for the last time... But it was actually just the beginning." I started to feel better, and I got up to my feet.

"I'm starved, let's go eat!" I pulled Klaus up, and looked over his shoulder to see the silhouette of a woman, standing completely still.

I glanced for a moment, then carried on with Klaus.

We began to walk away from the house, to go find a restaurant.

* *

*Klaus' Point of View*

We were sat in a beautiful restaurant. 'The Green lagoon' was its name. I

"This place is amazing!" Klara spoke in awe, gazing at the chandelier above our table.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? The food better taste as good as this place looks!" I laughed, picking up a menu off the table.

"There's so much choice! I don't know what to choose!" Klara exclaimed, as her eyes shot up and down the menu.

"Have anything you want! I'm paying tonight, love." I told her.

*Klara's Point of View*

"Have anything you want! I'm paying tonight love." Klaus told me.

I was about to reply, but a high pitch 'screeeeechhhh' was shooting through my ears. I flinched at the pain of the feeling.

"Ah- Klaus, I'll be right back!" I shouted, as I ran to the toilets.

As I ran, the screeching got louder, and my head was in excruciating pain.

I fell to my knees on the floor of the girls toilets and let out a shout.

What was going on?

Suddenly voices starting whispering all at once in my head. There were about 100 different voices, each saying something different.

The only sentence I made out that they were all saying was:
"We will have revenge."

The voices all stopped immediately, and the screech came back forma few seconds, before also stopping immediately.

I got up to my feet, and rubbed my head, then leaned over the sink for a moment.

Once I was sure the madness was over, I returned to my seat in the restaurant.

"Are you ok?" Klaus asked worriedly, as I sat down.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Headache. Severe headache," I lied. I didn't exactly want to tell him I was hallucinating voices... That would be weird.

* *

The rest of the meal was perfectly normal, thankfully. No weird voices, no ear piercing screeches.

We arrived back at the hotel, and I stepped into the bathroom to take off my makeup and get ready for bed.

I looked up into the mirror and let out a tiny scream, as I saw what looked like a person standing behind me. I jumped round to look behind me.

Nothing.

It was just a dressing gown hanging on a hook.

I sighed and started to wipe my makeup off.

"Everything ok in there?" I heard Klaus shout.

"Yeah- I just scared myself..." I laughed, stupidly.

"Did you see yourself in the mirror then?" He laughed. He thought he was funny. He was. No one knew what he was going to say. Not even he himself knew what he was about to say.

You see, that was what I loved about Klaus. He was so unpredictable. You never knew what he was going to do next. That's why I loved him, and that's why I had missed him.

"ha-ha, you are sooo funny," I replied sarcastically, unlocking the bathroom door.

"Goodnight, Klara." He kissed me as I walked through the door, then hopped into the bed.

I joined him, but I didn't sleep. I thought about what happened back in the Green Lagoon... It was so weird...

'Lack of sleep' I told myself, as I closed my eyes.