Chapter Fourteen

"Hello, Klara. Long time no see! I presume you got all of my little 'messages' " Elizabeth looked at me, slyly. Her black hair was blowing back slightly because of the breeze of the trees'.

"So, this boy you're fond of... What's his name... Nicholas? Ah yes Nicklaus! The hybrid!" Elizabeth was smiling evilly

.

"Elizabeth, don't hurt him, please! He hasn't done anything wrong!" I felt tears starting to stream down my face.

"Oh, darling, stop crying! I'm only teasing! I'd never hurt him! I don't need to hurt him!" Elizabeth placed her hand on my face. She dug her nails into my cheek, making me shout in pain.

"Oh, love, I'm sorry! Did that hurt? Oops!" Elizabeth took her hand away and strutted over to the girl in the dress.

"You should be ashamed, Klara!" Elizabeth started,

"You don't even recognise your own sister, Amelie!?" My eyes widened, and I started to move towards her.

"Hey, hey, hey Klara! It's ok! Look at me! We weren't finished talking! Please, sit down!" Elizabeth used her powers to throw me against a tree trunk. I sat in pain against it.

"As you are fully aware, back in 1842, you killed my dear mumsy and daddy... You drained every ounce of blood from their necks'!" Elizabeth exclaimed, sounding shocked.

"And not to mention my dear little sister!" The witch pretended to cry, then laughed.

"This, my dear- is what I like to call payback." The witch pointed at my sister, who was in hysterics.

"What are you doing..." I murmured.

"Well- after you left England... I killed your sister! Oops!" the witch cackled.

I felt anger building up inside me. I had to use all of my strength to resist exploding.

"...Why her..." I cried, quietly.

"Oh darling, I was only giving you what you deserved! The best part is... I can use a spell to replay her death for you to watch!" Elizabeth was pure evil.

She scooped up a handful of dirt into her hand, and strutted over to me.

"well, you can't watch a movie without popcorn! Here, have some!" Elizabeth shoved the dirt into my mouth.

I gagged and spat it out.

"Now, watch!" Elizabeth grabbed my face and made me watch Amelie being killed by a witch spell.

I sobbed, loud this time.

"Oh, dear me! What a sad movie!" Elizabeth cackled, throwing her head back.

"Now you stay  here for a moment, lovely! I need to fetch something! And if you move- I'll stake you right in that black little heart of yours!"

I wanted the torture to stop- but it was Elizabeth, and I killed her family on a blood rampage. I was not getting let off easily.

I heard a growl close by, and gulped back tears.

"Klarabelle dear! I'd like you to meet my friend, Bernie!" the witch stepped back into view holding a werewolf by the scruff of its neck.

I started to panic, but held it in.

"Oh don't worry, dearest! Bernie's a friendly puppy! Aren't you Bernie?" The wolf barked viciously, making Elizabeth laugh with delight.

"I tell you what, Klara. I'm going to give you a running head start! You run from Bernie! Don't worry, he won't kill you, I've put a spell on him!"  Elizabeth smiled, showing her white teeth.

"I want you to suffer as much as possible..." She muttered under her breath, thinking I couldn't hear her.

"Ok little vampire, get ready to run! You have 5 seconds before I set Bernie loose! Ready?"

I was hurt, weak, she knew fine well I couldn't run fast, but I had to do it.

"3...2...1... RUN!" Elizabeth screamed as I set off running.

I was crying, my head was so painful, I felt like my brain was exploding. My legs could barely carry me, but I kept running through the forest, for a way out. And then I heard it.

The barking.

The wolf was free. He was faster than me. I heard him catching up with me, I couldn't give up.

Something came into contact with my back, knocking me to the ground, it growled behind me. I closed my eyes, and felt the wolf sink its teeth into my neck, and I passed out.