Chapter Seven

I woke up the next morning like a child on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to see Klaus again. He was my Christmas, and I wanted to look perfect for Christmas.

Most of my morning was spent curling my hair to perfection, and applying just the right amount of makeup.

I was ready to go at 1:45PM, which was great timing because I lived only ten minutes away from The Pelican Cafe.

I grabbed my keys, my bag, and my leather jacket, then headed out the door.

The walk to the cafe was better than it usually was. It was warmer than it usually was, everyone I passed had a smile on their faces, and a little girl of about the age of six came thumping up to me, and handed me a little flower which she had obviously picked up from someone's garden.

"Oh, thank you!" I exclaimed, putting on my best 'child' voice.

The little girl's mother came along shortly after the girl,

"Sorry! She's been running around handing flowers to everyone in town, she says 'flowers make people smile' so she's been picking up every flower she's seen! Come on Charlotte, lets go!" The mother picked up the girl- Charlotte- and carried her away.

Charlotte was right... It was such a little gesture she had done- but just because Charlotte had given me a little rose with a few missing petals- I found myself smiling like an idiot.

I was still grinning as I sat down opposite to Klaus at a round table with a checkered red table cloth on top of it.

"You look beautiful, Klara... God I've missed saying that," Klaus was laughing, I had longed to hear his adorable laugh for so long.

"Thanks, Klaus... Is it just me that feels like this isn't real?" I questioned, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I've been waiting for this moment since I left, but now that it's all happening- it feels so surreal..." Klaus took a sip from his cup of coffee in front him.

"So what did I miss in 170 years?" I joked.

"Well... I left New Orleans... Obviously. My Father's dead, finally." Klaus reached over and took my hand,

"What else... I got married, had 13 children-"

I reached over and hit Klaus' shoulder

"Ha-ha very funny!" I said sarcastically.

"No but seriously... I have been looking for you since my Father died, Klara..." I smiled again.

"You have? I thought you had probably forgotten most of the details of us..."

"You think I'd forget? Klara... look at this. I've had it since I left." It was a pencil sketch of me, sitting against a hay bale in the barn.

"One thing I really miss about England is that barn... I wonder if the barn is still there?" I really did miss England, I had wanted to go back ever since my blood rampage had stopped.

"Why don't we see for ourselves?" Klaus questioned hopefully.

"Are you serious? Leave this place?" I thought it all through in my head.

"Well... of course you don't have to go... I just thought it would be nice for us to go back to where we first met!" Klaus was looking down at his lap, sheepishly.

"You know what... Let's do it!" A huge smile came to my face. I had been wanting to keep travelling- and there was no better way to do it than with Klaus.

"Really? Then it's a deal! We are taking a trip together back to England!" Klaus was getting so excited, it was cute.

"You know... It's weird... I haven't seen you in such a long time... and it feels like nothing has changed between us..." I grabbed tight onto Klaus' hand again.

"I love you now, just as much as I did when I first met you, I never stopped loving you because I knew we would meet again. I knew we wouldn't be saying goodbye for the last time back in England. I'm glad we weren't saying goodbye for the last time, Klara" Klaus was looking at me again.

"I'm glad too," I whispered.