Chapter Ten

*Klara's Point of View*

Yes, I was excited, but I was even more nervous than excited. Returning to England was a huge risk for me, if the witches remembered me.

I wasn't too afraid of them, apart from one of the witch bitches.

Elizabeth Martin.

She was the single most powerful witch in all of England. If she noticed me, and remembered what I did to her and her family- She'd kill me in an instant.

I tried to reassure myself that I would be safe with Nicklaus, but the thought of Elizabeth rang around my head, like a song on repeat.

I didn't want the thought of her to ruin my holiday with Klaus.

* *

The plane journey to England was hell. It was like we were flying on pointy rocks. Every two minutes we were being thrown about the plane like dolls, and it was impossible to get any sleep, because any time you relaxed, you were tossed around in your seat again. So instead of sleeping, I spoke to Klaus about what all the stuff I wanted to do in England. He listened to every word, and smiled at me the whole time. I don't think our hands broke from each other once.

* *

The plane eventually hit the ground, sending every passenger flying into the air, our seatbelts were the only thing stopping us from hitting the ceiling.

I glanced out the window, to see it raining outside. Typical England.

Klaus was like a little boy, he was so excited. I laughed, and kissed his cheek.

"We're here, Nicklaus!" I rubbed the side of his face with my thumb, and he jumped up from his seat as the plane doors opened.

Klaus pulled down the suitcases, and headed for the exit before anyone else could get out. I giggled, and quickly followed.

I breathed in the English air as I set foot onto the ground where Klaus was standing, grinning.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE HERE KLARA!" He pulled me into a kiss for a moment, before realising we were standing beside a plane with everyone watching us...

"Let's get to the hotel before that!" I grinned, dragging my suitcase into the English airport.

* *

*Klaus' Point of View*

Arriving in England was one of the best moments of my life! I couldn't believe I was back in England. I thought I would never return, yet here I was.

I could tell that I was about to have the best three weeks of my life.

* *

We jumped onto the King sized bed of our hotel room. The place was luxurious! We had a mini fridge, a wide screen TV, a coffee table- complete with a pile of magazines and bottles of wine on top of it.

We even had our own balcony, overlooking the rest of the small town.

"This place town has... changed!" Klara exclaimed, popping open a wine bottle, and pouring two glasses.

"Well, when it's had almost 200 years of development... It's going to be very different!" I laughed, stepping onto the balcony, and looking out.

Klara joined me and set the glass of red wine beside me.

"Thank you for this, Klaus. I'm so glad we're here together." Klara looked directly at me, with kind eyes, and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm the happiest man on earth being here, Klara." I told her, taking a sip of wine. It was amazing wine.

"So, what will we do first?" she questioned me, sitting on a wooden chair that had been placed on the balcony.

"Well... I was thinking... REST! I've been awake for over 24 hours, so I think sleep first... Then we can go look around?"

Klara nodded, and whisked back into the room, throwing herself under The bed clothes.

I soon joined her, and fell asleep almost instantly.

* *

I was woken up by the sound of a hairdryer.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" Klara was drying her wet hair, wrapped up in a wooly dressing gown.

"You've been out for about 4 hours... Its 4PM. I was going to get a shower, get ready, and then wake you." Klara sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at me.

"It's fine, I should get ready too... we're going on an adventure!" I laughed, pulling myself out of bed, and rubbing my tired eyes.

"I was thinking we could go see the house? You know, for old times sake?" Klara smiled, and returned to drying her hair.

"That sounds great! Then we're going out for tea!" I instructed, pulling on a grey t-shirt.

"So, how are we going to find the house? This town has completely transformed,"

"Trust me, I know this place like the back of my hand." I smiled, looking at Klara, who was facing away from me.

"How!? This hotel has never been here before?" Klara had finished drying her hair, and she had moved onto her makeup.

"Klara... This hotel marks the spot of my familys' old home. It's on the exact spot." This made Klara turn around and gaze at me. I grinned and shrugged.

"Klaus... That's amazing! I'm technically standing in your house... " Klara laughed, then looked down.

"Which means I'm technically standing in my grave right now... Well that's sinister..." She giggled, and returned to the mirror.

The hotel made me think of my home, which made me think of my siblings. Kol, Finn, Elijah... Rebekah. I missed Rebekah, though I tried not to. We always had a different bond than our brothers'.

I was glad when she left, but I had started to miss her joke insults, her annoying voice in my ear. I even missed how naive she was, I missed fixing her silly mistakes.

I snapped out of my trip down memory lane, and stepped up beside Klara. I gave her a quick kiss, then ran my hand through my hair. I was ready to go out.

It always took Klara ages to get ready, so I sat down on the wooden seat on the balcony. The weather had changed, the sun was out. I was content.