Harrys Letter

I run to the bathroom and lock the stall door. This couldn't be happening I take the folded paper out.

Dear Harry,
Did you know that when you kissed me I would fall head over heels for you? I don't think you did. You think you're so cool going by you last name Styles, quite frankly it's not as cool as you think.

I cringe at the old letter I wrote back in middle school.

PS. I hope you don't give me an STD

I am interrupted by a knock on the door. I look under the stall and I'm met with checkered vans, it wasn't Harry or Christian.

"Salem it's me." He holds the envelope under the stall. Issac

I sigh and unlock the door. "Issac I can explain." I plead and he stops me. "It was the eight grade dance that was three years ago." He shrugs.

I realize that if Issac Chris and Harry had gotten their letters so did Ryan and Cullen. "I remember that night so well." He says.

"But I want you to know I'm gay" he urges out and my eyes grow wide. "Uh"

"So no hard feelings" he says with a sideways smile. "Oh I don't have feelings for you. Well you'll always be my friend, but" I try to find the words.

Issac laughs, "it's okay I get it. Friends?" He holds his fist out. "Friends" I pretend to do an explosion with my hand.

***

We were the first to leave the school parking lot. This took Charlie by surprise.

I had to go home and figure out what happened to my letter box. "Charlie do you remember seeing a small pink velvet box when we were cleaning?"

She doesn't look up from her game. "Uh no I don't" she says and I huff. When we arrive home Charlie beats me to the garage button. She pushes it allowing the doors to reveal dad was home.

I park and rush inside. "Hey you two how was school?" He says flicking the newspaper open. I rush up the stairs and to my bedroom. Grabbing the step stool I stand in my closet and of course there was no box.

"Dad have you seen a small pink velvet box?" I ask dashing down the stairs. My shoes clambering against the wood.

"Not that I can remember it might've gone out with the goodwill boxes" he shrugs.

Oh no. Someone must've bought the box and saw the letters and put them in the mailbox.

"Wait no I didn't donate it. I need it back" I say frantically. "Salem Where was it before?" My dad stands from the couch.

"It was in the top of my closet I asked Charlie did she see it she said no." My dad and I go up the staircase.

"Well I must've grabbed it when I took your roller skates. I didn't realize it was that important" he says and I feel a little guilty my dad hadn't meant to yet I was being so rude to him.

"I'll take you down to the donation center to see if we can find it" he reassures pulling his car keys from his pocket. "No it's okay. Maybe it was meant for it to go."

I never thought in a million years my feelings would be exposed to all the boys I loved at one point.