Chapter 11: One of those nights

"Jin-Ae!" I run towards her room. 

I heard another bang. 

"Jin-Ae! Where are you?" Her bedroom door was open and I started to run faster. 

I saw as she was hiding under her blanket.

"Baby," I lifted her up and ran towards her closet.

I pulled the shoe rail and the wall opened. 

I heard a gunshot, it sounded close by.

Jin-Ae was crying.

"Baby, it's okay. Mommy is here." I held her closer to me as I closed the wall. 

I started to run, down the hall.

"Jin-Ae, how many time do I need to tell you that, when you hear those noise you have to run to your closet and pull your shoe bar. I know it's scary baby, but it's so you can be safe." I could feel her tears on my bare shoulders.

I stopped running. I pulled her away, so I could see her. I heard another bang. 

I started to run again. "I'm sorry, baby."

I held her head against my shoulder. I started to silently cry. 

I didn't want her to see me.

"M-My baby." My voice broke and my tears were falling. "I'm sorry you have to go through this." 

I saw Jungkook at the entrance of the safe room. He ran towards us.

His was worried. I've never cried during an attack.

"Appa!" I handed Jin-Ae to Jungkook and quickly wiped my tears.

I took a deep breath.

"Come on. Let's get inside." I grabbed Jin-Ae from Jungkook

I walked towards the back of the room, where the bed was. I laid Jin-Ae on the bed.

"It's too early baby. Let's go back to sleep." I pulled the blanket on her and rubbed her back. 

After just 5 minutes, she was fast asleep. 

I stood up and walked to where everyone else was. 

Jungkook and Jimin were talking about who we were getting attacked by. Ara was feeding the baby. 

When I sat down, they both looked at me.

They both had the face that was asking me What's wrong.

I covered my face with my hand. 

"You guys didn't see her face. My little girl, who is fearless, loud and courageous. She was scared. I never seen her like that." I started to cry. "My baby has to go through this, even though she doesn't want it." 

Jungkook quickly wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry, my love. Because of who I am, you two have to suffer with this." 

I held in my tears. I didn't want Jungkook to hate himself and who he was.

"No. It's okay." I smiled and took a deep breath. "Everything is okay."

Jimin stood up. He kind of looked pissed. 

I watched as he pulled out his phone and started to walk towards the door.

"Jimin, where are you going?" Jimin didn't say anything but continued to walk out the safe room.

"Babe, you need to rest." Jungkook held my hand.'

I nodded my head and  went to lay on the bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eomma. Let's play a game." Jin-Ae said jumping around.

We were still stuck in the safe room. It's been about 3 hours.

"What do you want to play?" 

"How about we play tag." I smiled.

"Okay! Appa is it!" I started to run. 

Jin-Ae ran the other way.

"Yah! Not fair!" Jungkook started to chase Jin-Ae.

"Baby run! Appa is behind you!" I started to laugh as I slowed down my pace. 

"APPA! GET EOMMA! SHE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" Jin-Ae said pointing at me.

Then Jungkook turned and bolted towards me. 

"AHHH No! Not me!" I turned and started to run away.

But before I could even take 2 steps, his arms were already wrapped around me.

"I gotchu!" He kissed my cheek.

"Appa! Run!" Jungkook let go of me and started to run away!

"Aish! You two are bullying me!" I lifted my dress and started to run towards Jin-Ae.

We spent all day down in the safe room.

I guess there was a lot of damage in the house. 

I realized that my baby Jin-Ae and our new angel will have to live with being stuck in this room. 

Having to memorize the sound of the sirens. 

Running through the dark tunnels. 

But the best thing that I can do, is to protect them with all the power that I can.

Along with making sure that they will always have a smile on their face. 

TBC