Chapter 13: Stress

"Eomma. I don't want to leave you." I hugged Jin-Ae

"Baby, I'll see you soon. I promise." 

She nodded her head. Then turned to Jimin.

"Uncle Jimin!" She hugged him.

"Yes, Jin-Ae?" He smiled at her.

"Promise me that you won't ever let my mommy and daddy get hurt. And protect Auntie Ara and my baby cousin." Jimin put her down.

"Jin-Ae, you have to make sure to protect yourself too." She smiled and nodded her head.

"baby, you have to go now." Jungkook picked her up and held her in his arms. 

He kissed her and whispered something causing her to giggle.

"I love you, my baby girl." 

"I love you too Appa!" 

I hugged both Jungkook and Jin-Ae.

"Okay baby, Auntie Minjin is waiting for you." She picked up her doll and ran towards the car. 

I turned around and started to cry. 

"Jae?"  I pushed him away.

"Smile and wave at her." I wiped my tears.

"EOMMA!!" I smiled and turned around.

Jin-Ae had her head sticking out of the car window.

"I love you Eomma!!" I blew her a kiss. 

Then the window closed and the car started to drive away.

Once the gate closed and the car disappeared from my eyes. I fell down on my knees.

"Jae!" I started to cry. 

I looked at Jungkook. My eyes went dark.

"We're going to find the bitch who is messing with my family." I wiped my tears and stood up. 

"Jae, calm down. You promised you will rest. Let me, Ara and Jimin take care of this." 

Jae-Hwa, deep down you know Jungkook is right. 

Let go of your anger and pride for once and listen. 

Don't fight. 

deep breath and rest.

I nodded my head. "But at least let me, be there with you guys. I won't do a lot of work. But just let me do a little bit or be around." Jungkook nodded his head. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ara. I haven't seen you in a couple of days." Ara looked uneasy. 

"Been busy with the files." I held her hand and made her sit next to me.

"You need some rest. Is everything okay?" She smiled.

"Yes, just haven't slept." 

"Is this too much work? Let Jungkook and Jimin take care of it." Ara stood up quickly.

"No!" I gave her a weird look.

she laughed. "I am not gonna let those two fuck up my work. I worked hard." 

I laugh. "Well at least let's take a break."

"Later." 

Before I could yell at her, Jimin and Jungkook walked into Ara's office.

"Okay. I finished gathering the guards that have access to the house. We will do some background work." Jimin said handing me the files of all the guards.

"Guys. Do you really think background checks, will solve this problem?" I said having a weird feeling.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked.

"I mean, I pretty sure that who ever is behind all this. Knows we will do a background check. Maybe they already cleaned up their records." 

Everyone was quiet.

"Jae, what do you think we should do then?" Ara asked sitting down. 

"Are you sure there isn't any way to back track these letters?"

"Hwa, these aren't emails or text messages. You can't really back track these letters. Especially when you could just drop them into a public post office box." Jimin said.

Ara looked at Jimin. "Also, the letter said there was a mole here, I'm pretty sure that person could just slip it into the mail system here." 

I nodded my head. 

"How about fingerprints or any dna left on the letters?" I looked at Ara

"I already sent them to our forensic team. No trace of anything." I let out a big sigh. 

Ara quickly stood up. 

"What?"

"We never checked the cameras inside the palace." I smiled at Ara.

"And if we look at the camera in the mail system-" Jimin cut me off.

"We might be able to see who slipped in the letters." 

"Well what are we doing. Let's go look at the cameras!" Jungkook said.

"I'll ask the security team for the footage and bring it to you guys." Jimin said walking out of the room.

"So do you still want to end this background check?" I thought for a little bit.

"For now, yes. If we get nothing from the footage, then we will continue with the background since that's all we can do right now."

Ara nodded her head. 

"I'm going to finish some paper work." Jungkook said as he kissed my forehead.

"Do you need any help?" Jungkook shook his head.

"Easy work. And plus, I have no military plans to work out." I laugh.

"Good luck, love." He smiled then left. 

I looked at Ara, she was still searching for something on her computer.

"Ara. You don't have to work so hard."

Ara looked up at her. She looked like she was about to cry.

"No. Jae, I have too." Then she went back to work.

"Ara, what is wrong?" Ara placed her hand on her face.

"I don't even know myself. But when I do figure it out, you will be the first to know." She stood up.

"I better go check up on Yeongmin." She left the room

This whole thing has everyone so stress. 

I need to give Ara and Jimin a break. They really need it. 

TBC

it's about to go down.

get yo tissues ready yall

love you! XD