Chapter 36: Downhill

Ara's POV

I woke up because i heard a loud alarm. 

I walked towards the window. 

I say Momo's guards running. 

I rushed outside. 

"What's going on!?" I asked a guard near by.

"There's been a fire in the royal village." He then started to run, catching up to his unit group. 

"What!?" 

I turned around and saw Momo rushing out. 

I decided to stay at Momo's place and not Jae-Hwa's cause I wanted to give her space with the kids.

"Ara! Let's go! Something happened to Jae-hwa's home!" She grabbed my hand and we hopped into a car. 

We drove to the village. 

Once we got there, I could see the guards putting out the fire. 

The fire had spread, and the ground was catching on fire. 

"What the hell happened!?" Momo yelled as she got out of the car. 

A couple of guards rushed towards her. "Your Majesty! We really don't know. The house was fine and then when we looked it was on fire!" 

"Where is Jae-Hwa?" I asked nervously. 

"And the kids?" Momo asked. 

"Your Majesty, when we got here the fire had taken over the whole house. We sent out men in there as we tried to put out the fire. But-" He looked down. 

"Don't you dare stare at the ground!" Momo said.  "Where the hell is Queen Jeon and the Princess and Prince!?!" 

"We don't know. And we believe that they didn't make it out of the fire. Our men is looking for their bodies." 

I fell to the ground.

"Ara!" Momo rushed towards me. 

 "Momo, what happened to them?" 

"i don't know. But don't worry, I will figure it out." Momo stood up.

"I need an explanation on how the fire started." 

Before he could say anything, I saw a group of men rushed towards us. 

"Your Majesty!" The bowed.  "Half of the house is still on fire. Walls and the roof. We have to check after we can clear it up and get in." He paused. "However, in the area that we searched, we didn't find any bodies." 

I felt my heart clench. 

"So what the fuck are you saying?! That they could either be dead or somewhere else but here." 

They slowly nodded their heads. 

Momo let out a loud sigh. 

She looked towards the guards. 

"Who was in charger of the look out last night." She asked. 

"That would be me, Your Majesty." 

Momo walked towards him. 

She then grabbed his colar.

"The fuck where you doing last night. Your job was to protect Jae-hwa. Your job was to make sure no one was to get in here." She pushed him away and looked at his team. 

"So what the fuck happened last night! Where it took you so fucken to realize that the house was on fire." She paused then put her finger up.  "No what were you stupid ass people doing that you didn't see anyone get into the village !"