Movie Night

I took a couple deep breaths in and out then knocked on the door. I rubbed my hands on my pants trying to get rid of my sweat. I was nervous, beyond nervous and I guess it was because of seeing James. I licked my lips and the door opened wide.

"Stella you made it. Come in," Zen smiled.

I walked into his apartment and immediately took off my shoes and black jacket. My mom would always tell me that when you step into someone else's house take off your shoes. She practically instilled it into my mind. Thinking about my mom, made me homesick but I'm glad it's almost Thanksgiving.

I followed him down the hall filled with pictures of him and his family to an opening area. To the right there is a L-shaped grey fur couch, a 60 inch tv, and a white coffee table. To the left, the kitchen was nicely decorated. The cabinets and counter bottoms wee in the colour of white, the counter tops are black, and the appliances were in a silver. Behind the island there were four pale wooden bar chairs. Three white lights dangle above the kitchen.

I looked around to see Emma sitting on one of the island chairs while two unfamiliar people were with James laughing on the couch. Zen left me and went into the kitchen most likely to serve us alcoholic drinks. I joined Emma and took a seat on the wooden bar chairs next to her.

Emma squealed out loud causing everyones eyes to look at us. She wrapped her arms around me trapping me. I pat Emma's back as she continued to cut off my circulation. After a couple of minutes she finally let go of me allowing me to breathe again.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up," she pouted.

"Well I'm here," I smiled.

"You look hot girl. Are you trying to show someone tonight that you don't need them?" She winks.

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a black lace crop top, white long furry cardigan, and blue high wasted ripped jeans. I wasn't planning on showing off to James tonight, I just wore this because it looked cute. Plus we're only hanging out and watching movies.

"Not at all," I responded.

"Aw poo. Your hair looks gorgeous," Emma complimented me and touched a strand of my brown wavy hair.

I could already tell Emma was slightly buzzed. She's always been a lightweight since high school. I know you'd expect her to not be a lightweight since she parties all the time but she is. Zen came around the kitchen and handed Emma another drink. I shoot Zen dagger and snatched the drink from Emma's hand while she pouted. Before Zen can question me why I took Emma's drink out of her hand m, I answered.

"She's a lightweight."

"No I'm not," Emma hiccuped.

Zen went back into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water for Emma to sober up. I decided to drink the alcohol that was in my hand. The alcohol burned my throat and I put the empty glass on the table. I wasn't big on drinking and whenever I would go out to parties with Emma I would only have one. I had a lot of self control unlike Emma did.

"So you must be Stella," I heard an unfamiliar voice say from behind me.

I turned around to see a girl and a guy. The guy had his arm wrapped around her waist, so I was guessing that they are dating. The girl had pale skin, straight black hair, and brown eyes. She was wearing a white tank top that was knotted at the front, black ripped jeans, and a black windbreaker. The guy next to her was wearing an all red adidas tracksuit. He was light skin, had curly brown hair but at the top of his hair was dyed blonde.

"That's me," I nodded.

"I'm Sophie and this is my boyfriend Austin," she greeted with a wide smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you both," I smiled back.

I didn't think James' close friends were going to be here tonight but I'm glad they were or else I would've been stuck third wheeling with Emma and Zen.

"We've heard so much about you," Sophie told me.

"Good things, I hope," I joked to them.

"Don't worry they are," Austin spoke up.

As I was about to say something Zen whistled grabbing all of our attentions. I turned around to face him and noticed that he had a tray of snacks in his hand while Emma had a tray of drinks. I really hope it wasn't alcohol, she had enough of that already.

"Time for movie night!" Zen cheered.

He asked us to follow him and we all followed behind him. He led us down another hall then we took a left to see a white door. Sophie opened the door while we all piled in. I looked around the room in awe. The room was practically like a movie theatre. A huge black screen was at the front while red seats faced it.

"Take a seat wherever and the movie will start in a second," Zen told us.

Sophie and Austin sat at the front while Emma took a seat at the very back. She sent me a frown and I look at her with a confused expression casted on my face. I took a seat in the middle and looked to my left to see that James was sitting beside me. I guess now I know why Emma had frowned at me. I was about to get up and leave until the screen had to turn on.

The lights slowly shut down and the movie began to play. I froze once the title of movie came up: Insidious 1. If there's one thing you should know about me, I hated scary movies. Always had and I think I always will. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as the movie continued to play. I felt a burning gaze at the side of me head and turned to look at James who had his eyes locked on the screen. I turn my head back to the movie hoping it'll end.

The movie finally ended but then Insidious 2 came on. I mentally cried once the title came on the screen. At every scary part I would jumped out of my seat. Again, I felt a burning gaze on me and I quickly turned my head to see James staring back at me. Our eyes locked together and we continued to stare at one another. I quickly looked away and focused back on the movie. Once the movie finished I quickly got out of my seat wanting to be far away from the scary movies. Before I could leave the row a hand clamped on my arm causing me to stop and turn around.

"Stella.." James began.

I closed my eyes not wanting to have to hear him apologize again. His hand caressed my cheek and I snapped my eyes open. A frown appeared on his lips and half of me urged to kiss him but I held myself back.

"James," I warned him, not wanting for him to continue.

"I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry for kissing you then kissing Cynthia. I broke up with her for you," he confessed.

"I didn't ask you to do that."

"I know you didn't but I wanted to. Please forgive me, just say you'll forgive me," he pleaded.

As much I would forgive James I just couldn't. Half of me wanted to forgive him, but the other half just reminds myself watching him practically get it on with Cynthia. Imagine if I never walked in on them who would know where it would've of lead to. They would've went further and he wouldn't have told me.

"No," I shook my head and left the movie theatre, leaving behind a broken James.