Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

December 2013

APOV

"José, I don't think you're gonna like this, but -" I pause and watch as his warm, chocolate-drop eyes darken and cool. "My dad really wants me to come home for Christmas. I didn't see him over the summer -" I stop and shrug, knowing when it's time for me to callado. Shut up.

I want to spend Christmas with Ray and see Kate, even if it makes José go all jealous on me. Possessive José is a little scary, but he also makes my groin clench. What is it that makes me want to see how far I can push him? Why am I so fucked up that I actually look forward to the punishment that I know will come?

He doesn't break eye contact or move a muscle, just cooly regards me. "Okay, well I guess that's to be expected. It's been since last May that you saw them?"

I nod. Ray and Kate came down for one of my track meets last spring, just a couple of weeks before José and I hooked up. A couple of weeks before I saw Coach... Callado, Ana! Don't think about it!

Is he going to let me go? "You can come if you want," I say quickly. "We'll just go up for the day. You'll be there the whole time and -"

I stop talking when he holds up his hand, getting off the bed and going over to his dresser. He pulls a long, narrow box from the back of his top drawer. "I've been waiting for the right time to give this to you, mi amor." He brings it over and hands it to me. "Open it."

I make quick work of the wrapping and inside, lying on a satin cushion, is a gold necklace. It's a chain made up of links and hearts, all intertwined. I pick it up and it's warm and heavy in my hands. I examine the clasp and realize that it's a tiny padlock. I pull on it, but it doesn't open. I search the narrow box for a key, but it's empty.

"José... thank you! It's beautiful, but how am I supposed to put it on? The chain isn't long enough for me to slip it on over my head."

He smiles and opens his hand to reveal a tiny gold key. "The necklace is for you, mi amor, but this is mine," he says, holding up the key. "And this..." he traces one finger along my thigh, dragging the edge of his nail across my skin, giving me that little taste of pain that I crave, and I part my legs for him. He slips one finger inside my panties, finds my opening and gives it a quick thrust. He withdraws just as quickly, leaving me wanting more. "...is mine. This will help you to remember that you belong to me. No one puts this on or takes this off, but me. Lo entiendes?" You understand?

"Entiendo, Señor," I understand, Sir. I hear his breath hitch, and he makes a little humming sound as he sucks my moisture off his finger. He loves it when I speak in Spanish to him. I've been making a point to pick up little phrases, knowing that they turn him on. He unlocks the necklace, then places it around my neck, locking it... securing me. Possessing me.

"I'm going to leave now and return in five minutes. I want you wearing nothing but this necklace. If you please me, we can go see your father and your friend for Christmas. Sí?" Yes?

"Sì, Senor," I say softly, closing my eyes and listening to him leave the room. Holy fuck, I'm pretty sure that I have just been collared. And I know what it means. We are bound together as one. He will do anything in his power to care for me... and I will do anything to please him.

"Eres mía," You're mine. he whispers, and his eyes darken just a little.

"Soy tuya," I'm yours. I whisper back, leaning in to rest my forehead on his.