Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

He slips another finger in, and I am breathing fast now, starting to sweat as I meet him thrust for thrust. But I don't want to let up, to lose the spark. And it builds... and builds until I feel like I'm going to drop over an edge... and then I do. My core explodes in a shower of sensations, and I ride it as it swirls around and around. Thrust in, out, in... and hold. Ahhhhhhhh.

As I come down, I see gray eyes looking up at me, a mouth held in a satisfied smirk. "That's right Kid... give it to me," he says. "That's my girl."

I open my eyes, breathing hard, and... there he is. It's dark in the room, but I can see the outline of him lying on his side. As my eyes adjust, I can see his strong chin and his broad chest. His sculpted abdomen tapering down to his...

Mmm. I roll onto my stomach and I can feel the moisture between my thighs as I move. This time, it wasn't a dream. After he licked his fingers, he dove in for another taste and then we ended the night with him buried inside me... again.

CPOV

I wake to the sight of Ana - my girl - sleeping beside me. She's lying on her stomach, her face toward me, her dark hair wild. Her lips are slightly parted, and her breaths are deep and even. She's still sound asleep.

Not wanting to wake her, I adjust my head on my pillow and just watch her sleep. I think only a few minutes pass before she must feel my eyes on her.

She stirs, raising her head slightly, her bright blue eyes looking into mine.

"Good morning," I say, leaning over to kiss her on the temple.

"Mmm... good morning..." she says, her voice husky with sleep. Then her lips quirk up in a little smile. "You're in my bed."

"I'm in your bed."

"And I'm not dreaming... you're really here. In my bed."

"Feels like a dream to me," I say, and then reach out and begin tracing circles on her soft skin. I work my way across from one shoulder to the other, then follow the path with my mouth - across and down her spine. I didn't notice it yesterday, with her clothes on and then in the dim lighting, but she's thin - too thin. I can feel each one of her vertebrae through her skin, like a string of pearls.

I'm about halfway down her back when I notice the first scar. I pull back a little and examine her lower back. She has at least a dozen scars... most are light, barely noticeable, but some are deeper and pink against her pale skin.

I trace my fingers across one of the deeper scars, and I feel her stiffen under my touch.

"Ana," I say, trying to keep my voice even. "How did you get these scars?" I'm not angry... not yet, but I can feel myself start to simmer.

She doesn't say anything, but she rolls over, curling up with her back facing away from me, one arm over her face.

"Ana. Did he do this to you? Your husband?" I practically spit out the last word and it feels bitter on my tongue. Any man who can do this has no right to that title.

She nods, almost imperceptibly, but it's enough. I explode and shoot up, off the bed. This whole time... this whole time that I was wondering about what happened to her. Sitting in my office looking at old photos... while I was whacking off in my shower... He was doing this to her. How dare he take her away and do this to her perfect body? She was my girl... and he had no right.

I pace back and forth across the room, pulling at my hair. I finally stop when I see her still lying there, watching me, and I realize that she's not just lying there... she's frozen. She's afraid.