Chapter 3

She'll find
the courage
to let go

she misses you
but she doesn't
want you back

*****

From r.h.sin on instagram x

Ivan

"The funds have been cut because of the ambush that took place outside of court on the 1st of October. The press have been up our ass for weeks now, it's starting to get on my nerves."

My jaws and fists clenched as I walked through the floors to my office. My head was pounding from last night, I was in no mood for this crap. Especially not in the early hours.

We've been dealing with this case regarding family law for weeks now and I can say that family law is a killer. It was one that I very much despise and hate working with, it hits every nerve in my body. This case involved a cheating and abusive husband, a wife and a poor baby. In the many years I have been working as a solicitor, I never had a soft spot for any of my clients. Well, Ms Ursula isn't my client however, my client which is her husband, Mr Lance wants to destroy the vulnerable and lonely girl. She also had a five month old baby with her and the bastard doesn't feel any remorse to what he is doing to his poor family. It's self explanatory, but that was one reason why I hated family law and always tried to disregard it.

"Right now, I honestly don't give a shit about the funds. Once their divorce is finalised, custody will take place again in court following many other things, that including their house, pension and everything! Damn, that child doesn't deserve any of this." I sigh frustratedly to my co-worker and best friend, Liam who has been known to me ever since high school days. We studied together and built our career together, both are strong and independent men and solicitors.

"Hmm, you got a point." He began to run his chin with his finger as we stepped into the elevator, "But apart from that, you know exactly how your defence will encourage the public to tarnish our name. Your name — to say the least." He stated out,

The elevator door closed in front of us before it began moving upwards, towards our floor. I clenched my jaws and looked at Liam as I realised that he also had a valid point.

"Liam, that is the whole point of my job. I understand that me defending the dickhead is totally ridiculous as he is abusive but it's technically part of my role. You on the other hand, have a great chance to fight for Ms Ursula and her child to get what she needs, it's all on you." I said,

The elevator finally indicated that we reach our floor so as soon as the door opened, I stepped out. As we stepped out, people started to greet both me and Liam. I nodded my head for acknowledgment and reached my office. I turned around and looked at Liam who stood in front of his office door that was situated just next to mine.

"Make sure Ms Ursula has an escort next time she is going to court. And tell Reynolds to fuck off." I said and a laugh erupted from Liam immediately as he entered his office and closed the door behind him.

I shook my head with a small smile as I entered my office however, startled when I saw a figure. My brows knitted together once that figure came to sight, it was none other than Estella, my troublesome wife.

A cringing sensation fills my body as I avoid her.

"Estella? What are you doing here?" I asked as I settled myself on my desk. "Since you're here, I have something important I have to discuss with you."

"Thank fuck, you finally acknowledge me." She laughed,

I clenched my jaws as I try to sense my exasperation to her, just to drive her out of my office. I was in no fit to deal with her bullshit again, I've have enough already and just need to get to work.