Chapter 10

It kills me,

I care for you so much and

I mean nothing to you.

-unknown

Lana

The blaring sound of the annoying alarm interfered with my sleep, and I felt like pulling my hair out! I kicked the covers off my body while still having my eyes shut close before I reach for the alarm to break it because it was so irritating. Finally, when the ringing eventually went I slowly began to wake up.

"Mommy, its time to wake up." She says,

I open my eyes to see Amelia standing at the foot of my bed, dressed in her pyjamas with her teddy in her arms, she smiled at me. Her hair was a mess as she waited for my reply.

"Good morning baby, come here." I called out to her as I spread my arms out for her to nest near my chest. Morning cuddles with my baby was always the best.

I felt Amelia climbing on to my bed before she nuzzled into the small space between my chest and the covers. She was still dressed in her night gown as she also rubbed her face.

"Mommy, there is someone at the door." She said, looking up at me.

"What?" I gently let go of Amelia and got off my bed before I put my robe on. I scurried out of my room and into the foyer to answer the door. When I did, my heart dropped.

Ivan stood in front of my door with a very casual look. With a pair of skinny jeans, and a jumper with a coat, he stood there with a small smile as his hands were buried in his pockets. The muscles on his chest sprung back to normal when he exhaled out a breath, and a the slight frown left his brow when he made eye contact with me.

"Hello." He said,

"What are you doing here?" I said opening the door a little more, and also wondered how he found where I resided. I was about to ask him until my instinct stopped me because like I mentioned to him before, Ivan has this insane speciality with technology.

"We agreed to meet in... two minutes." He glanced at his wrist watch before he looked at me. "Have you forgotten?" He gave me a lop-sided smile.

I mentally slapped myself as I watched Ivan with wide eyes. I looked behind me to look at the clock that was framed on the wall and saw that it was already nine O'clock in the morning and for a matter of fact, I, stupidly agreed go meet Ivan on a Sunday morning.

"I..." I was cut off when I heard a pair of feet smacking on the floor. The footsteps approached me, towards the front door and I looked back again to see Amelia running towards me.

"Mommy, can we have breakfast? I'm hungry."

"Sure, sweetie. Just give me a minute." I say before I turn back to Ivan who was roaming his eyes around, looking for Amelia. I closed the door a little only revealing myself and gave him a expressionless look. "I can't come today, Amelia is going to be alone."

Suddenly, a smile rose on his lips as if like be just came up with an idea. His gorgeous face twisted with eager and glee.

"No problem. We'll go for breakfast, please don't refuse Lana." He gave me a pleading look, which really pushed me to the edge. What the hell is going on? I didn't want to do this because I was afraid of being heartbroken again however, when Amelia came into my thoughts I realised that I can't be selfish but to allow Amelia to have this opportunity to finally know a man she has been yearning to meet ever since she was able to understand.