Chapter 26

be patient
you will get
everything that you deserve.

- faraway

Lana

"Welcome!"

I scrutinise the surrounding as I see a herd of people, hanging around. Beverages were handed out as well as small snacks, on to the left was a whole table filled with delicious desserts.

My gaze continues to roam around the whole backyard before they reach the person I've been searching for.

"Lana! You came!"

A heavily pregnant Emily waddled towards me, her beautiful yellow dress hugged her cute bump and her face was radiating with a pinch of perfect pregnancy glow which complimented the subtle makeup she created on her beautiful face. When she reached me, she wrapped her arms around me and chirped.

"Oh my God Emily, how beautiful do you look?" I chirped as I embraced her back, "Of course I came, I couldn't miss your baby shower."

Emily was nearly due to give birth to her baby and based on her schedule, Ryan decided to throw her a secret baby shower. Ryan contacted me last week, just after I returned back from Hawaii and insisted on me arriving on the day, to surprise her.

But like how we wanted, Emily and I have been in contact ever since she arrived at my condo that day. It's like our friendship was born again, or more correctly, it felt like we never lost that five years that we actually did. I love her so much because she understands me a lot. She supports me and she cares for me like no one ever did as a friend. Throughout these months, Emily always talked about her pregnancy in fact, she claims she loves being pregnant. Amelia was at first confused at the topic and even the sight of her growing stomach but sometimes she dismisses it or asks me question about it.

On another note, Amelia loves her too.

"Thank you Lana, I'm so glad you came." She giggled and pulled away before she returned her attention to the person next to me, "Hello gorgeous, I'm so glad you came."

Amelia smiles up at her timidly before she wraps her arms around Emily's leg, causing her to bump her head on Emily's stomach.

"Careful Lia, She growing a baby in there."

Amelia gazed at her stomach before she caresses it slowly, absolutely in awe and Emily just laughs wholeheartedly at her reaction. My heart skipped as I watch Amelia caressing her stomach with consideration and patience. It just seemed as though Amelia understood a lot more than what I taught her.

"Amelia, why don't you go and join your friends over there? There are plenty of games and toys you can play with!"

Amelia glanced towards the direction Emily was pointing at before she glances up at me with a small smile.

"Mommy, can I go play?"

"Of course you can sweet-pea," I chuckle as I caress her face, "you really don't need to ask me."

Amelia smiles widely before she runs off towards the toys. Emily and I watch her fall into the pit of balls and a small chuckle erupts from me as Emily glances back at me.

"You would be a life saver if you shared some tips with me Lana." Emily sighed, "If this child doesn't have manners like that, I don't want it."

Emily chortled as she made her way to one of the tables that she apparently reserved for me. As she walked away, she took my hand and grabbed me. I chuckled at her remark and just felt happy and accomplished.