Chapter 8

No matter where life takes me,

find me with a smile.

- Mac Miller

Ivan

"You named her after my mother, Lana."

My heart was heavy with emotions that I never ever felt in my life, despite the passing of my mother. It felt like it was the same pain I had experienced when I went through the loss of my mother except it's unbearable, finding out I have a daughter just felt like I had lost a part of me because I never knew all this time. I was so confused and couldn't fathom it that I have a daughter to even start with, with the woman who I treated so absurdly all against my own will. If I had known, I wouldn't have done what I had done that day.

"I didn't do it for you Ivan, I did it for your mom." Her shaky voice comes to light, knocking me through my reverie. I watch her just crumble into tiny pieces as she gathers all her courage at once and not one single tear was shed. However, her distraught face said it all that she was not fine. Actually, she was far from fine. And I was definitely the reason.

I pulled my arm out and touch her shoulder only to be pushed away. She brushed me off of her and I instantly lost the warm contact of her silky skin on mine, leaving me disappointed that I no longer forgot how she felt under my skin, despite the fact that it took me years to forget it. It just reminded me of how great her skin and company is; I remember it every single day and will never forget.

"You should leave. I have got piles of work to do... Please..." She sniffled with a pleading voice before she turned to her desk. I nodded my head slowly, resisting the urge of putting up a discussion because there was just no atmosphere of it. I still couldn't believe Lana had a child... my child and I had no idea. Lana was still reeling from today and I wanted to give her space.

I left her office and as soon as I did, she finally gave in. I was able to hear her from the other side of the door. She sobbed lightly and a sudden urge just raged within me and I stormed out of there, however on my way out, I saw her skipping through the halls like she was the happiest girl alive. That was my beautiful daughter and I couldn't believe it.

I pull my phone out and punch the screen as I dial the number.

"Anders, I need to speak with Ortega now." I demand in a low voice,

"That won't be necessary sir, your father is in New York as of now. He has just arrived at your residence." I was fuming at this point as this news was delivered to me, I had no idea he was coming to New York. My blood was boiling as I walk out the hospital immediately greeted with the cold fresh air that I was in dire need of.

"Thanks Anders." I hang up and hurry to my car that was parked out here. I got in and immediately drove to my place to see the man who is my father.

As I arrived home, I was already stunned by how much cars there was parked outside my house. I clenched my jaws as I entered to see Ortega, my father sitting comfortably on my couch as he was talking to someone on the phone.

"Detroit will always give us a good opportunity with the deal. I'll get in touch. Thank you." He hung up the call before he gapes at me with a smile, "Ah, son! It's very nice to see you again." He stood up from his seat and sauntered towards me before he wrapped his arms around me and embraced me for about two seconds. Two seconds.