Chapter 22

i want to not
want you anymore.

- shreya maurya

Lana

I chew my lips as I stare up at the huge building that was towering me. Even the gates were huge and it made me wonder how much more father would I have to walk in order to get to the actual home. Last time I came here was months ago but I don't recall it because of the state I was at when I arrived.

Since Ivan had returned to New York, according to dad, I decided to see him for the very last time today, to confront him and let him know what he has caused ever since he's arrival last year. I was angry, filled with hurtful words to say to him but I didn't set back because he hurt me enough. I wanted to inform him that he ruined everything and then I want answers.

I reached his office earlier this morning but eventually discover that he was fired, off the record and immediately, I figured why.

Stephan's doings.

After a few minutes of walking and speaking to security, I was finally led to the front doors of his house. I gulp really hard before I knock on the grey doors, after a few seconds of silence, I feel my feet tingling in my shoes when the doors opened.

I bite the insides of my cheeks as I scrutinise the person that opened the door, it was none other than Ivan. I feel my throat just swelling in pain as I watch the man that ruined everything for me however, the fact that he was stood in front of me after many months had me speechless for a moment. I had no idea what to say.

"Lana?" He called out surprisingly,

As I scrutinise him, I notice how tired he was. His eyes were red and it made me wonder what on Earth was going on with him, considering the time; it was only three in the afternoon. His hair was a scruffy mess and what he wore indicated that he had been lazing around. It further made me question why on Earth he was back in New York?

His brows were lifted and it emphasised the fatigue that found comfort on his face. He looked dull at the moment but when he saw me, it really did surprise him. He straightened his back and then watched me with a soft gaze.

"Lana, how is Amelia?"

I clench my teeth and glare at him before I feel my breath become so shaky.

"I don't know. I don't know how my own daughter is because I haven't seen her since last week. For a matter of fact, I have no idea where she is."

Ivan's face dropped when he tensed. He reached for my arm but I pulled away from him as anger flared in my system.

"What do you mean? Lana, you're not making any sense."

"I'm not making any sense?" I begin to yell before I push him away from me, tears start to brim as I could no longer contain it in. "Why did you have to return? What the reason for you to be here? Why do you come back and then leave just like that?"

At this point, I didn't realise how I stepped inside his home by pushing him away, further into his home. At this moment, I felt so much anguish that I've never felt before. To have my daughter taken away from me like this hurts my heart so much. Dad was doing too much now and I had no idea how to get Amelia back, or even see her for five minutes.

I snap back into reality when Ivan grabbed my wrists and glared at me. I became quiet when I was greeted with his somber expression because it's been quite a while since I've seen that expression and that face. I just couldn't believe it that he left and then returned again.