Chapter 25

sometimes
the heart knows
before the mind realises.

-storydj

Lana

As I climb down the stairs, my heart felt heavy with intimidation. Amelia curled around me like a fevered child, as she rested her head on my shoulder. After what she pulled not too long ago I had no idea how she would react right now.

"Amelia, you do not speak like that to people. I taught you to be kind to people, not shout at them." I say to her as I reach the bottom floor and walk towards the couch before I settle her down. "I want you to apologise."

Ivan lifted his gaze up to us and frowned. I sat down opposite him and release Amelia however, she didn't run to Ivan how I would expect her to. Instead, she covered her face and buried her face in between my lap.

"I'm sorry mommy." She mumbled.

"Amelia," I call her out before I pull her away from me, "I don't want you to apologise to me, I want you to apologise to Ivan. You shouted at him when he did not deserve it."

She gazed at me with a frown before she glanced over her shoulder to watch Ivan. He smiled softly at her and she pulls away from me, then walks to Ivan.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you Ivan, I promise I'm not a naughty girl."

When Amelia stood in front of him, Ivan reached for her hand and caressed it. He smiles at her before he pulls her closer to him.

"I know you didn't mean to shout at me darling. Sometimes we get a little frustrated and it's okay to express your emotions. Sometimes it get hard to control it but we are human. We have to make mistakes in order to learn don't we?"

Warm sense of content relieves throughout my chest as I stand up and move closer to them. It was going to be easier than I had anticipated because so far, Amelia was acting older than her age, which sometimes baffles me. A small smile reaches my lips as I gaze at the back of my daughters head and wonder how in the world did make a smart child?

I reached for Amelia's hair and stroke it as she fondled with Ivan's tie.

"Is that why Stephan shouts are you mommy? Because he is fustated?"

Ivan shots me a glare as soon as Amelia's mouth opened. I froze for a second as I watch Amelia but from the corner of my eyes, I could see Ivan watching me, waiting for answers. I could feel his burning glare on me but I brushed it off when I looked at Amelia. She blinks at me as I slowly nod my head and smile at her before I take her hands into mine.

"Yes baby, everyone shouts at some point when they get frustrated." I answer, "But what you did was not nice."

"I'm sorry mommy, I won't do it again."

I smile softly at her before I offer her an embrace. Amelia jumps off Ivan's hold and then jumps into mine. As soon as she did, I embraced her perfectly and felt content. At some point, I felt Ivan's knees knocking mine and so I glance over at him, he continued to watch me with the same glare type gaze, like as if he was still waiting for answers.

"Amelia, I want to ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me. Can you do that for me baby?"

"Yes mommy!" She nodded her head,

"What did poppy say when you were sleeping in his house?"

Amelia glanced at Ivan before she looked away and began to swing her legs between us.