[Akira Kurusu] - Can't Sleep

Honestly, it's just a bunch of fluff, no summary for me to write! Also, sorry if it's short :(

Requested by: @blackorwhite11 

__________________________

"Hey, are you awake?"

Akira groaned and turned to face you, while still gripping the pillow from his side of the bed. You spent the night with your boyfriend, hoping to cherish the last few months with him before leaving to go back home. It was late into the night and you had trouble sleeping even though everything was comfortable. 

"Yeah. What's up?" he queried. His eyes were on you, fiercely glowing with concern for you. 

"I can't sleep. I-I had a nightmare," you confessed to him. Akira frowned slightly and moved closer to you. "It's keeping me up real bad."

After a few moments of silence and comfort, Akira got up and turned the lights on. Morgana spat out some curses, but quickly stopped when Akira told him the situation, and a glare of course. Morgana gave you a regretful look, but you told him that it was alright. 

"We can stay up and have fun if you want. I mean, we don't have school tomorrow..." he suggested. You thought about his suggestion and agreed to it while hopping out of bed to go downstairs with Akira.

"Well, let's have fun then." Akira smiled at you and pushed his glasses up awkwardly. 

Akira began making some coffee to keep the both of you awake, which was your suggestion. Morgana decided to stay upstairs while you and Akira had your alone time together. The smell of coffee drifted to your nose, and filled the store with the scent of coffee. 

"Here you go."

"Thank you, Akira."

You held the coffee cup that Akira gave to you and the both of you sat on a cushioned seat. Outside the window, you could see that the stars were twinkling away in the night with the moon glistening in the sky. Sounds of cars and people talking could be faintly heard, but it wasn't too noisy for you. It helped you get comfortable in the seat, but mostly Akira's arm around you helped with that. 

"Are you okay now? Feeling better?" Akira asked. It was like him to do that; he always asked if you were okay, or if you ever needed anything. As usual, you shook your head at him, commenting on how you didn't really need anything. You snuggled closer to him and then an amazing sight caught your eye. 

Your eyes wandered to the window and to your surprise, you saw snow! Excitement filled you up and it caught Akira's attention. 

"Do-do you want to go outside?"

"Mhm! Do you want to go outside too?" you asked him. You wanted to make sure that he was okay with going outside, after all, he is your boyfriend. Akira put his cup down and you did too. 

He nodded and slipped on some shoes, not caring about his outer-wear. You did the same and went outside to see Yongen-Jaya enveloped with cold, white snow. You shivered at the sudden temperature change, but the beautiful sight made up for it. Akira stayed right beside you while he held your hand, marveling at the sight. 

The two of you stayed that way for some time and enjoyed each other's company as the snow kept falling from the sky with the stars sparkling in the night sky.

_________________________________________________

This request was so long-waited! I apologize for the time it took to write this :( The request was supposed to be Christmas focused, but I wrote it too late for it to be like that. I apologize for any inconveniences requester. :(

Anyways, there will be another Akira request. It will be the last one for Akira haha. There has been a lot of requests for him here and after the next one, I'll be writing for other characters/my other requests. 

until next time, reverse-lights