[Akira Kurusu] - Bumps

In which you and Akira find out about something.

[Last Akira request!]

_________________________

"Oh my god, I think I'm gonna throw up..." you gagged. You had been nauseous all morning, but you hadn't eaten anything since you woke up. It had been like this since the beginning of the week and you thought that you were just sick, and Akira did so too. You were staying home from work today, again. Today was the third day, and you were tired of just throwing up all morning and skipping work for all these days. Although you did have your speculations about if you were sick or not. 

'Just to make sure, I'll just go buy a few...' you pondered. Being nauseous in the morning and getting tired easily could be signs of a pregnancy, or at least that's what you remembered from school. Your heart started beating faster and your hands began to sweat. Deciding to stay in the safe zone, you grabbed your keys for the car and went to the local drug store near your home to pick up a few pregnancy tests. 

____________________

"It'll be $10.47 ma'am," the cashier said flatly. You rummaged through your purse and fished out a bill and gave it to the cashier and told him to keep the change, to which he gave a look a surprise to you but mumbled a thank you. You were in a rush, a rush to find out if you were pregnant or not. And honestly, you didn't care about a few dollars at the moment.

You walked out of the store and hurried to your car and began to drive home. On the way home, you couldn't help but keep thinking about the questions you had for yourself, the ideas, and possibilities, but especially your husband's reaction. You had never really seen him with kids, and you really didn't know if he wanted children or not. Trying to keep your mind off the reoccurring questions, you turned the volume up to let the loud music take away your anxieties.

After driving for some minutes, you reached home and  took your tests with you which was in your purse. You took out your keys, opened the door, wiggled out of your shoes, and rushed upstairs to use the bathroom, and luckily, you really needed to use it.

You opened all your tests to see if they would all have the same answer and took them out one by one. 

'Well, I guess it's time..." you mumbled to yourself.

___________________________

"I-I can't believe it..." you gasped quietly. All the tests turned out to be...positive! Your insides were bursting with joy and delight, however, there was a small part of you that felt anxious. You always wanted a child for the longest time, it was your dream to have one. But what if your husband didn't want a kid now? So many questions began popping in your head and made you feel a little sick, but you were determined to keep positive. At least until the phone rang. And as if it was a coincidence, the caller was Akira. 

"Hey Y/N, I'll be home soon. You want me to pick up anything or..."

"No, you don't have to buy anything! There's food at home!" you quickly said. 

"Alright, well be there in five."

"Okay, see you soon..." you replied, with your voice wavering. 

You pressed the end call button and pondered about the situation. It all felt so surreal and unbelievable, but you knew you needed to tell Akira, after all, he's your husband and deserves to know. You have the benefit of the doubt and put on a brave face and threw all the pregnancy tests away, all but one to show him.

After a few minutes passed, you heard the door open and speed-walked downstairs to see Akira was a small smile on his face. He opened his arms and you ran into them. A faint, familiar smell of coffee enveloped his clothes and you dug in your face to his chest and inhaled in the nostalgic scent. 

"Hey love. What were you doing before I came home?" Akira queried as he began to put his belongings next to the couch. 

"Haha nothing much..." you vacillated. 

"Sounds just like you," he laughed. You smacked lightly on Akira's arm and he made a dramatic face. A few laughs filled the house and the both of you calmed down after a few seconds. 

"Well um,  anyways, I have to tell you something..." you muttered. 

He gave you a worried look after you sounded so serious after laughing with him. "Well okay, shoot."

You went to the couch and patted the seat next to you to let Akira sit next to you. He took off his glasses and set them on the counter and then sat next to you, with his piercing blackish-brown eyes set on your face. When he looks like this, it can be tense, but you can pull through it. You have to. 

"So you know I've been, well you know, throwing up a lot in the morning lately and having stomach problems here and there," you began. Akira nodded slowly as each word came out of your mouth.

" I went to the store today and grabbed a few tests and um... they turned out to be positive..." you muttered slowly. Your looked downwards to avoid Akira's gaze. After a few moments of silence, Akira enveloped you into a loving, yet careful hug. 

"I-I'm going to be a-a dad?" His voice choked as he asked you, and you could see his eyes shaking, almost ready to cry. You've never seen this before, his emotional side. 

"Y-yeah..." 

"Oh my god! I-I'm really happy, Y/N," he said, as the two of you began to break away. 

"Really?! I though you wouldn't!" you exclaimed. He shook his head no and gave you a smile. 

"I've wanted this for us, but I didn't know it would happen so soon! But I really am happy for us Y/N," he beamed. 

"Me too, Akira. Me too," you smiled. 

------------------------------

"You know, when you said you wanted to talk to me, I got scared?" 

"Why would you?" you laughed. 

"I thought you were going to say that you were leaving me," he murmured. You gave a look of surprise and burst out laughing. 

"Why would I? I love only you after all, but if it was that detective prince maybe..."

 ______________________________

Oh my gosh, I haven't updated in so long this request was so long awaited! Sorry I took so much time requester. School is just so annoying to be honest haha. But anyways, this is the last Akira request and the last of my requests! If you would like to request, please do! I would like to write for other people other than Akira at the moment, he's just super popular isn't he! 

Remember that I'm open to writing for P2, P3, P4, and P5! Although I may need some time to brush up on the P2 characters for now and watch some playthroughs haha. 

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed this one-shot! 

-reverse-lights