Christmas Special - Jefferson

About: you decide to spread some Holiday cheer and give out some presents to the kids in Storybrooke. You've heard about a reclusive man and his daughter that live in a big house near the outside of Storybrooke but you don't believe in being that quick to judge a person.

 You've heard about a reclusive man and his daughter that live in a big house near the outside of Storybrooke but you don't believe in being that quick to judge a person

                   Y/n's P.O.V
"Andddd it's done!" I place the bow on the last present and have a little celebration. I've finally finished all the presents for the kids in Storybrooke. I love the holidays and I wish I had a family of my own to celebrate it with but I don't just yet, but I do love to give the kids presents. I worked at the school helping out before the curse was broken and now that I remember I carried in my work there. In the Enchanted Forrest I was somewhat of a teacher/babysitter and I would often look after children while their parents tried to get some money. Most times I would work for free because the people I helped were so caring. But I got by. Anyway, enough dwelling on the past let's focus on the present. Quite literally.

I carry out some of the presents in my basket then putting on my coat, hat and scarf. I take one more look at myself in the mirror and I'm happy with how I look. I mean why wouldn't I've been happy wearing my favourite hat. I get out my list of children and make sure I have the ones I need. I have a set system to this. I work my way around town starting around the school and then further out. Of course some of the children have moved to live with there parents since the curse broke. I don't mind but some of the addresses were a pain to track down. I pick up my basket with the first street of children's presents.

I walk down the path in the snow and feel giddy with excitement. Christmas is two days away! And Storybrooke could not look more Christmas-y. Lights are strung in the trees and on the houses, snow is coating the streets and you can practically feel the Christmas spirit in the air. I have one more present for this street now and I'm planning of going to grannies for some tea and a cake before I go home. I think I've deserved it for my work today.

I knock on the door and a few seconds later I hear the patter of feet running to the door. It soon opens to show a smiling child. "Hello Bradley!" "Hello Y/n! Do you want to come in?" He ask cheerfully whilst eyeing my basket. I chuckle and politely decline his offer. "No I'm sorry Brad I have to go to Grannies for tea. But I'm sure you know why I'm here because you've been looking at my basket." Brad looks down blushing and plays with his feet. "Which is exactly what I would do." His head shoots up. "Well I know you've been good so I think you deserve a present." I reach into my basket and pass the present to the small boy. His eyes light up and my heart swells every time this happens. He thanks me and wishes me a Merry Christmas.

I relax as I walk into Grannies diner and the smell of cinnamon and mince pies hit me like a wall. It's quite quiet here but I blame the fact it's late out and people are at home with there families. As much as I love this time of year I can't help but dread it at the same time. I walk outside and see couples and families enjoying the holidays together but all I can think of is how much I want that. But it's just not my time yet. I huff taking a seat at the front by the coffee machine. "You ok Y/n?" I turn to see Ruby putting some plates on a trey. "Yeah just a long day that's all." "Oh yeah it's Christmas Eve tomorrow. Your playing Santa to all all the kids." She smirks. She's about to speak again but Granny shouts for her to take the food to customers. She groans and walks off making me laugh.