chapter two

——————————————————————

07:00:22 before the commencement

Jimin sighed, utter relief coursing through his body when the bell rung signaling that all the students—including him could go home. He grabbed his supplies in a rushed manner, trying his best to beat the horrid hallway traffic.

Except, today was different. He looked around the room taking notice of how the students sat in their chairs, faces seemingly becoming paler. Others slowly packed their things, clearly taking their sweet time. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows but shrugged it off, walking out of the classroom door. He looked down the hall, still feeling lost at the students' actions. He gripped the straps of his backpack tightly as he walked down the almost empty hallway like a lost puppy, the hallways resembling a ghost town of some sort. But he, once again, brushed the odd feeling off making his way out the large building

________________________

"Nothing is going to happen to us! Stop being absurd, Kim Seokjin. Why are you being so capricious tonight?!"

"Eomma, you know damn well something is going to happen! Get that through your thick skull for Jimin's sake!"

"That boy won't—"

"Eomma? Jinnie hyung?" Jimin called out, intrigued by his family's hissing. Both of the adults quickly turned around, a forced smile coming upon their expressions. The said boy tilted his head slightly, puzzled. "Whatcha' talking about'?" He inquired causing the two said adults to look at each other.

"Nothing Jiminie! Why don't you set the table?" Mrs.Park pushed the lad into the dining room, handing him various silverware and eating utensils. She turned back to the eldest and leaned his ear. "We'll discuss this later, Seokjin." Then went back to continuing dinner, acting as if nothing ever happened. Seokjin stared at her, amazed as to how she was able to change her expressions so quickly. The older male scoffed as he, too, continued to help prepare dinner.

Meanwhile, the young lad set the table, humming a soft tune while fixing the flowers in the middle of the table clearly oblivious to the thick tension surfacing through the house. He smiled when he stepped back and examined his work, folding the soft silk wipes and setting them next to the clean silver utensils. "Eomma! I've finished." The lad yelled out softly.

"Okay, Jiminie!" She looked over her shoulder and smiled at the young boy, grabbing the pot of creamy, shrimp pasta and walked carefully to the table whilst Seokjin following behind her, carrying a basket of garlic breadsticks. The oblivious boy skipped over to the table licking his plump lips once his mother set the pot down carefully, Seokjin following after. "Go ahead." The female slightly chuckled as Jimin quickly started serving himself, stacking his plate with multiple breadsticks. She waited until the lad sat down, then, too, started filling up her plate along with Seokjin.

"Jinnie hyung, why didn't you get as much as you usually do?" Jimin said his cheeks filled with seasoned pastry, making him look ten times more adorable. Seokjin shrugged and push the creamy noodles around his plate, causing the fork to scrape the polished silverware. Mrs.Park looked up from her plate, eyeing her son as he pushed his plate away from him.

"I don't know, I feel something in my gut. Like something bad is going to happen." Seokjin turned and looked dead into his adopters eyes, causing her to slightly growl and fire to shoot up in her eyes.