chapter thirteen

——————————————————————

"Hyung, can I get you anything? I could call for someo—"

"No! You've done m-more than enough, Jimin. J-Just rest for a bit." Jimin nodded, sitting on the cold floor next to the metal table. They stayed like that for a while, sitting in silence. Finding comfort in each other's breathing patterns.

"I thought you were gone, Jimin." Seokjin broke the comfortable silence with a calm whisper. "I thought they killed you. And, the thought of that scared me so dearly, brother." His voice trembled as he sat up slowly, looking down at Jimin. He laughed dryly before continuing, "I felt so stupid the whole time I was in that...thing, knowing that the last conversation we had resulted in an argument." His voice cracked before the walls to the dam broke. He broke.

Jimin looked up, his features immediately softened as he watched his brother cover his mouth. "No, Hyung! Don't cry!" The blond scrambled off the floor, rushing to his brother's side. He wrapped his arms around Seokjin's neck, wrapping his own legs around the older boy's waist. "I'm okay! See!" Jimin's grip tightens as he felt Seokjin's arms circle around his waist. "I'm sorry that I've been a brat this past year, Seokjinne hyung. I'm sorry that my emotions have been in shambles lately. I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything to save y—"

"Stop apologizing, Jimin!" Seokjin pulled back, cupping his brother's cheeks. "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for." He pulled Jimin in, resting their foreheads together. "I love you, Jiminie. Okay? Even if we're not blood-related, I will always love you like a brother." Seokjin whispered sweetly, looking up and kissing Jimin's forehead.

Jimin inclined, hiding his face back into the male's broad shoulders. "I love you too, hyung."

——————————————————————

short chapter (as always) but i sorta like it :3