Just a Taste

(For my girl Dakota ❤️)

It's annoying being a little sister, especially so when your brothers friends are so attractive. I have an older brother he's 21 & he happens to be Tayler Holder's, yes you heard me, Tayler Holder's, best friend.

Sitting downstairs I could hear them upstairs in my brothers room playing Fortnite.  Tayler's easily identifiable laugh ripped through the house at an extremely loud level for the 6th time in the last 20 minutes and I was getting irritated. I stood up and walked up the stairs. I pushed open my brother's bedroom door, making it slam against the wall, both boys jumped. Their heads snapped over and my brother's smile dropped.

"If you two don't shut up so help me I will rip that console out of the tv and shove it down the garbage disposal" I said with gritted teeth, my eyes looking back and forth between both his and Tayler's. My eyes stopping directly on Tayler's, whose smile quickly diminished.

"Oh...uh sorry" Tayler said lowering his eyes trying to break the eye contact. I didn't say anything else I just walked away down the hall to my bedroom.

It was pretty quiet for the next 45 mins or so until they started arguing over something I didn't quite catch. I groaned out loud and grabbed my headphones off my stand shoving them into my ears, I turned the volume up all the way and somehow managed to fall asleep. 

When I woke up it was dark outside. I felt around my bed trying to find my phone. I felt the cold against my fingers and grabbed it. I pressed the power button repeatedly trying to get the screen to turn on. After a full 20 seconds I realized it was dead. I tossed it on the bed, rolling over and blowing some air out of my mouth. My charger was downstairs in the living room. I contemplated getting up and making the commute all the way downstairs just to turn around and come back up. Underneath the comforter it was warm and I was dreading getting up.

Finally I forced my legs over the edge of the bed and made my way to the stairs. Out in the hallway the bathroom light shinned on my brothers bedroom door. As I walked passed the door I could tell he was asleep there was no sound coming from the other side nor light. I bounced down the stairs and made a right for the living room. Since my phone was dead, it was pitch black in the living room I couldn't see anything and the light switch was on the other side of the room.

"Great" I mumbled, creeping towards the other wall bumping just about everything there was to possibly bump into. Eventually, I stubbed my toe and let out an almost inaudible scream of pain; " fuck! fuck! owowow!" I said stopping.. hoping back and forth on my feet before tripping and hitting my head on the side of the couch. This time screaming half in pain & half out of frustration.

I sat there with my head throbbing and my toe stinging, cursing at myself for leaving my charger downstairs. Before I could recover, I heard someone sit up on the couch. Oh fuck! I probably woke my dad up or something. He had a habit of working late and falling asleep downstairs. I held my breath but no words of reprimand came forth so I exhaled. But before I could even register, the light on the stand popped on and I was face to face with Tayler.

"Dakota?" He said looking down at me rubbing his eyes and yawning, " what the hell are you doing down there?" He asked, a little smirk playing on his lips; " spying on me now?"

Great. Now I have to deal with this clown; "In your dreams" I retorted; "I came down here to get my charger, ass" I said standing up a bit to fast making my head throb where it had made contact with the arm of the couch. "Hey now there's no need for name calling!" He chuckled throwing a pillow at me, failing miserably. I faintly smiled. Somewhat enjoying this little banter we had going back and forth.
I winced a little looking around for my charger which was still plugged in the wall. I retrieved it only to turn around and find Tayler looking at me. "What are you looking at, Holder?" I questioned. Tayler didn't answer directly, he just shrugged.