My!My!My!

Loosely based off of "MyMyMy! By Troye Sivan!

"Hahahahaha! this is so much fun!"; I heard my best friend Emma scream from the top of a tree swing. She was swinging pretty high and fast, her boyfriend Ethan was at her base pushing her. I glanced up from the book I was reading and gave her a small smile. She was enjoying herself. "Awe come on y/n! Don't sit there like a bum!" She half laughed half screamed. I couldn't help but laugh back at her. She was something else. She seemed to be in pretty capable hands so I got up and wandered into the log cabin that we had decided to rent out for the last few weeks of summer.

Inside the house sat most of my friends, James, Grayson,  Bryce, Jordan, Jordyn Elle, Karlee, Hunter & Tayler. The boys were getting ready to head down to the lake and swim for a bit, us girls were gonna stay up here and cook dinner. I made my way to the bathroom I was about to open up the door when it swung open, exposing Tayler's shirtless body. Got.Damn!

"Whoa, whoops. My bad" he said looking down at me, he had a faint smile playing on his lips & he slipped past me. He looked back for a second before walking out into the living room. I heard him greet the boys & then it was quiet as they all headed outside for the lake. I blushed at the fact that he looked back. I finished up in the bathroom and went off to find Emma. I found her outside before the grill, with the aluminum foil charcoal and lighter fluid.

"How the fuck and I'm supposed to work this damn thing?" She said looking at it, she scratched the back of her head cluelessly. I laughed a bit, " it's a grill Emma not rocket science, let me see the charcoal!" She handed the bag to me and I began to pour the charcoal into the pit. "I don't see why I have to help you guys cook anyway? Have you seen my YouTube channel every single thing I cook has turned out to be shit" she huffed.
"Because we all agreed on the way up here the girls were gonna make dinner tonight & those brownies turned out kinda good" I looked over at her; "can you hand me the rack and foil?" She handed me the items and returned to her spot leaning against the picnic table;" have you talked to Tayler yet?" She asked shielding her eyes from the sun. I let my shoulders drop and I turned my head to look at her; "no..." I heard Emma click her tongue; " you know what sucks?" I shook my head; "having a boyfriend & a best friend who is single" I laughed alittle; " Oh yeah? Why is that?" I asked grabbing the lighter fluid and coating the coals.
"because I have to watch her suffer silently while the love of her life stands before her" she said coming up next to me, placing her hand on my shoulder; "look pal just talk to him...I have a feeling he likes you more than you think".  I sighed. She was right. I can't keep going back and forth with myself in my head. I was getting miserable. Having a crush on a friend was literally like setting a fire underneath your feet. He was always there and I literally couldn't touch. "Fine. Fine. I'll...talk to him tonight" I said watching the flames die down. "promise?" Emma asks holding out her pinky; "yes I promise" I said pinky promising her. I could feel my nerves already starting to build up...it's gonna be a long night.

A few hours later dinner was just about done and I could hear the boys returning from the lake, they we're laughing pretty loud. I heard Tayler's voice say something about fish and instantly my stomach began to flip and flop. I decided to head into the house & take a shower to avoid any awkwardness that came whenever Tayler and I interacted. Usually, he was smooth and casual but me? I was a mess. Most of the time I couldn't talk and ended up making myself look like and idiot. It was best I kept my distance until I felt comfortable enough to talk to him. Which I hope was soon or never.

Upstairs in the room that I shared with 3 others I found my suitcase. I decided on a shower to help clear my thoughts. Maybe, I could come up with an elaborate plan to talk to Tayler. Once in the shower I began to sing. Singing always helped me relax. It was something I did often everyone was always telling me I sang beautifully but I didn't hear it. "Oh mymymy! I die every night with you! Oh mymymy! Living for your every move!" I sang out rinsing off the suds. I turned off the water and felt around for my towel. I was met with the cold counter surface. Oh no! Panic! (😇) instantly struck my body. I left my towel on my bed. Shit! I cursed at myself.