Feelings (2)

Later that night in the living room all my friends had gathered. Music was playing and there was talking. I sat on the end of the couch, my face in front of my phone I was mindlessly scrolling through Instagram. I wasn't really in the party mood, I held a solo cup filled with some mixed drink that tasted like shit. God was it awful. I was looking at a picture of the beach when a follow recommendation caught my eye. It was a stunning picture of Y/n. Her username was unique as her beauty. (Y/U/N). I clicked on the profile it was on private. Of course, the most beautiful female in the world had an Instagram and it was on private. It was literally my luck. I went back & forth in my head pondering over following her. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Or a fuckboy thanks to Zach. I can't send her a follow request...she'd literally think I'm stalker. I should just let her go but I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. My name being called broke my train of thought.

"Yeah?" I spoke up, my eyes adverting towards the group of peers head of me. Bryce's voice asked, "what's on you phone that's got you all distracted?" "Yeah?!" pipped in Zach," you've barely said two words all night" I shrugged, "not much. I've just been thinking about some things lately...." "BORRRRRRRIIINNNNGGGG. Come on Tayler get in the mood. " Zach yelled, cutting me off. I rolled my eyes, playing with my phone unlocking it and locking it seconds later. "Well I have something that would brighten your mood" Bryce said reaching for his bag, he pulled out a couple bottles of liquor and well. We drank.

Throughout the night my thoughts kept bouncing back and forth between Y/N & my last relationship. Man,I've only spoken maybe 7 sentences total to this girl and I already knew I wanted her in my life. I took another shot of whiskey the burn sliding down my throat and I tried to stifle back a cough. I looked over at the couch where Y/n was sipping on a Mike's Hard. I studied her face as she laughed at something that was said. Her lips pulled back into a wide grin as she tipped back both her head and the bottle, finishing her drink in one quick swig. I watched her place the bottle on the table and stand up. Reading her body language it was suggesting that she was ready for bed. She yawned and lifted her arms to stretch. There was a tap on my shoulder & I quickly turned around.

"Hey baby....why don't we go upstairs?" Suggested a female voice that could only belong to one person & one person only. Sara. (Yes, I went there. But she's an actual person, not just a character...okay she's a character but you know what I'm tryna say... Okay you can go back to reading) We had hooked up a few times in the last few months, something I wasn't to proud of. She was that girl. She was just there. It's not that Sara isn't nice or anything but I've gotten the impression that she likes me. I just wasn't into her that way. I feel almost bad, kind of like I was using her. I guess you can say I was, but deep down I know I'm not that person. I should probably apologize, however tonight I found myself completely agitated.

"Don't you have some girl's man to steal?" I asked taking a long sip of my beer. Sara twirled her hair, " why take someone's man when I can take you?" She said in a flirty voice. Her figers slowly dragging down my arm. I looked her up and down shrugging her off of me, " Go away Sara, leave me alone " I said looking the other direction trying to spot Y/n, but to my surprise she was no where to be found. Sara kept going on about something until finally she realized I wasn't paying attention and wandered off. I did the same.

I found a quiet spot out back of my house where I sat down. The music coming from inside the house was muffled and I couldn't hear any commotion. I sat back, allowing the cool breeze to soothe my hot body. It was quiet for a while & then I thought I heard the sound of the window closing, reactivatly my head snapped towards the sound. Looking through the window, I could make out a figure getting dressed. I struggled to identify who it was I was staring at but I couldn't figure it out being tipsy didn't help. There were quite a few people at my house tonight, it could have been anyone. I remember seeing a flash of red & the light went out? I shrugged my shoulders and decided to head in and join the party.