Second never wins

(1899 October 31st)
Jason Blackler was happy. Was. His mother was pregnant with a child, his only sibling. He was excited.

He helped pick the name, lindie, for his soon to be born sister. He waited in the living room having been sent there to wait. His mind goes to the thoughts of the past.

Him and his mother reading and exploring the woods. His father teaching how to run the Blackler winery. All good times.

He hears the steps of his father who has something wrapped in a blanket in his arms.

"Jason, come meet your sister, lindie," his father said proudly of this new child. Jason got up his eyes curious for this new family member. Tell they fell on her.

In his head he thought having a sister was going to have someone that looked like him. That this sibling was going to adore him.

She didn't look like him. The first thing she did was cry.

Jason didn't say anything but nodded at this new sibling. This sibling that started getting more attention.

As the weeks passed his mother was more set of loving the little thing then going out into the forest with him. His father seemed more happy with her since she looked like him.

Every time he would try to hang out or try to show attention to the little thing, she cried out, reaching her arms out. He never held her only had her later down next to him or had her sit up. Then mom would grab the little one and disappear the crying.

He slowly stopped trying to pay attention to it as it grew. It's reading starting to grow, like its vocabulary over the years.

How annoying.

—————-
(288 words)