Holiday fun

(Written by _Mak_tt_

*After Library Hours*

Amelia Hartgood hadn't turned up. Katherina found herself wandering back to the dorm, thoroughly convinced she'd been tricked. It was close to the Holiday break after all, Amelia might have stooped to pranking as revenge for...come to think of it she couldn't imagine a single thing that she could have done to Amelia to elicit such a response.

And so here she was, at the base of her bed, taking off her shoes. She had noticed Treekey pouting in the corner and began to recount her library adventure.

"-and Newt was there, with his adorable freckles and that startled look in his eye. I swear if he were any quieter someone might mistake him for a deer caught on the roadway." An unconvinced Treekey stood, silent, on the small bedside desk. "I wish I could work up the courage to give him a gift before our break begins. Oh and don't you worry, I've got a gift for you as well. You'll have to wait until-" a loud squeak erupted from the Bowtruckle. She scooped up her pencil and began scribbling furiously on the pale paper sitting on the desk and it finally occurred to Katherina that Treekey was fuming with anger.

I don't care about Newt. You left me!

She could imagine Treekey snapping out the first part. "You were sleeping?" She figured the excuse might go over well.

It didn't.

I went out looking for you and nearly got trampled I am in no mood for jokes or talk about your silly crush

She could sense how much rage was pent up inside the tiny creature by the lack of punctuation, though the conversation itself should have been a dead giveaway. Her arm reached up to scratch her head.

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean-hey! You can't keep doing that when you're angry!" She swatted at the pencil Treekey was flailing around, almost severing one of her own limbs in her anger. "Stop! Just-put it down." Katherina grabbed the pencil from Treekey, who was dangling feistily from the eraser end, and brought it close her face so that they met eye to eye. "I'm. Sorry. Next time I won't leave you, okay?" Various squeaks came from Treekey and she assumed they were either pleads to put her down or a very reluctant agreement. Considering the circumstances it was probably both. She placed the Bowtruckle back on the nightstand.

Don't do it again, I was worried.

Katherina shook her head in disbelief. "Worried."