Chapter 4

Brokenkit's ears twitched as he heard a yowl of terror, which dragged him away from sleep. He lifted his head up and blinked. Getting up from his nest, he jumped to his paws and raced outside to see what the commotion was all about.
  When Brokenkit saw her, he could barely believe his eyes. Laying on the ground next to her mother, was Dizzykit. Bleeding wounds covered her entire body, and Brokenkit let out a wail.
  "Dizzykit!" He called, running over to his friend.
  Sootpelt looked at Brokenkit, her eyes wide with worry. "Go get Stargaze!"
  Brokenkit didn't need to be told twice. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, going straight into the medicine cat's den.
  In the corner of the den was the ginger tabby medicine cat, Stargaze. Her sides heaved up and down slowly, showing that she was asleep.
  Brokenkit nudged the she-cat until one yellow eye shot open, and she growled.
  "There better be a good reason why you woke me up so early." Stargaze hissed, getting to her paws.
  "It's Dizzykit-" Before Brokenkit could say anymore, the rude she-cat interrupted him.
  "You're telling me that you woke me up because of her?!" She spat out the last word like venom.
  Brokenkit felt his claws slide out, his pelt growing hot with anger. "You're the medicine cat! It is your job to help the cats in our clan! And there's nothing wrong with Dizzykit, whatever you may think! So get up and go help her!"
  Stargaze grumbled in protest, gathering some herbs before racing out of the den. Brokenkit followed close behind, realizing that Boulderkit was sneaking back into the nursery.
  'Where was he before all this? Did he have something to do with what happened to Dizzykit?' He wondered with a hiss.
  Sootpelt was still at Dizzykit's side, licking her wounds frantically. But it did nothing to help stop the bleeding.
  Stargaze shoved the worried queen out of the way. "I need space if you want me to treat this kit!"
  Brokenkit watched as Stargaze began putting cobwebs on Dizzykit's wounds, then he tore his gaze away from her to look at Tigerstar as he ran over.
  "What in the name of StarClan happened?!" Tigerstar demanded, his eyes glazed with shock and worry.
  Stargaze casually shrugged. "I don't know. She's too shocked to speak."
  Suddenly, Dizzykit let out a hiss of pain, soon meeting Brokenkit's gaze. "B-Brokenkit..."
  Brokenkit raced to his friend's side, ignoring the protests from the medicine cat.
  "Don't worry, I'm here." Brokenkit promised. "What did this to you?"
  Dizzykit hesitated, fear showing in her eyes. "R-Rouges... a rouge attacked me... I thought it would be a good idea to hunt for the clan..."
  Brokenkit opened his mouth to speak, but Tigerstar silenced him with a flick of his tail.
  "Dizzykit, it was very brave and thoughtful of you to think about the clan, but kits must stay in camp for a reason. Take what happened to you as an example," Tigerstar said. "Kits are easy targets for rouges, foxes, and other predators. I'll send out a patrol to make sure that rouge is gone."
  Dizzykit looked down, wincing. "I'm sorry, Tigerstar. It won't happen again."
  Tigerstar nodded, though Brokenkit wasn't satisfied. He couldn't help but feel like Dizzykit wasn't telling the truth. Whatever had happened, he would find out. Then he could teach whoever did this a lesson.

  Days passed, and Dizzykit's wounds were slowly healing. None of the other kits seemed to mind or care about what had happened to her. But Brokenkit visited his friend everyday.
  Today, Dizzykit was finally allowed out of the den. Her wounds were fully healed.
  Brokenkit led her out of the den, towards the nursery. But Dizzykit stopped, lowering her head.
  Brokenkit looked at her, tilting his head. "What's wrong?"
  "I... I don't want to go in there..." Dizzykit admitted. "I don't want to see him."
  "Boulderkit?" Brokenkit mewed, then he added with a smile. "No one should want to see him."
  "Yes, but he-" Dizzykit stopped herself, and Brokenkit wondered what she was going to say. "Never mind, forget I said anything."
  Brokenkit pushed his suspicion away. "It's okay, we can stay out here."
  Dizzykit nodded. "Yeah, that would be better."
  "Dizzykit, I need to ask you something. And please, tell the truth." Brokenkit needed to know the real answer. The claw marks on her pelt were too small to be a full grown cat, it had to be from a kit. "What really happened to you?"
  Dizzykit shifted her paws, glancing around. "Fine, I'll tell you. But you have to promise not to say anything!"
  Brokenkit said nothing.
  "Promise me!" Dizzykit hissed.
  "Okay, okay. Fine." Brokenkit sighed. "I promise I won't say a word to anyone."
  Dizzykit narrowed her eyes, then nodded. "Follow me."
  Brokenkit followed her as she led him behind a rock in camp. She sat down, facing him.
  Brokenkit sat down beside her, listening as she began to talk.
  "I wasn't attacked by a rouge, I was attacked by my brother." She started. Brokenkit felt his fur begin to bristle. "He tricked me into going out of camp with him, and once we were far enough away... he attacked me. He told me not to tell anyone, or he would do something to my only friend," She paused to look up at Brokenkit. "You."
  "I knew he had something to do with this!" Brokenkit growled. "When I see him again I'll-"
  Dizzykit interrupted him. "You promised not to say anything!"
  Brokenkit just looked at her. She didn't understand how much she meant to him. If Dizzykit wasn't going to do anything about it, then he would. His way.