Chapter 16

Brokenpaw's muscled ached more than they ever had, but he pushed himself to keep training. He needed to impress his mentor if he wanted to keep training here.
  After a few weeks of training, Darkwillow had told Dizzypaw and him about where they really were; the Dark Forest.
  Brokenpaw noticed at first that Dizzypaw felt uncomfortable being there, and he knew he should be too. But for some reason he felt like if he continued training in the Dark Forest, it would help him become stronger.
  He could protect Dizzypaw forever, and maybe even do more.
  "Brokenpaw!"
  Brokenpaw felt a claw hook his cheek, and fresh blood began to pour out of the cut as he looked up to Darkwillow.
  "When you're in a battle, you never daze off!" Darkwillow growled. "A true warrior would know that!"
  Brokenpaw lowered his head. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."
  "Don't you think you're being too hard on him?" Dizzypaw suddenly said. "Just look at how tired he is!"
  Darkwillow turned to her, hissing. "Learn to keep your muzzle shut before I show you your real place."
  Dizzypaw slightly flinched, and Brokenpaw felt his fur bristle.
  "Leave her alone, she was just trying to help." Brokenpaw growled.
  "There's no way she can help with anything by the way she's progressing in training!" Darkwillow snapped. "She should be just as good as you, but she's not!"
  "She is as good as me, even better in fact! You just seem so obsessed with my training that you don't even pay attention to her!" Brokenpaw yelled.
  "That's because I'm your mentor, not hers. Even if I was, it would just be a waste of time! There's no use in trying to make her a decent warrior." Darkwillow snorted.
  "At least I'll be a better warrior than you'll ever be!" Dizzypaw spat. "You have no honor!"
  Darkwillow whipped around and pinned her with ease, snarling in her face.
  "I could kill you, you know. Right now." Darkwillow hissed. "I bet-"
  Before he could finish his sentence, Brokenpaw grabbed Darkwillow by his scruff and dragged him to the ground, pinning him. He slashed his claws against the tabby's neck with no hesitation, his eyes blazing with anger.
  "I won't let you lay a single claw on her ever again." Brokenpaw growled. "And if I ever see this place or you again, I'll kill you a second time."
  Brokenpaw got off of Darkwillow and let him stand.
  Darkwillow staggered to his paws and burst out laughing, blood pouring from his wound. "I have taught you well. You were born a killer Brokenpaw, and don't ever forget it. But I will not forget what you have done to me today, and mark my words you and your kin after you will pay for your mistake."
  The world around Brokenpaw began to fade, and he woke up to one of his clanmates yowling in fear.
  "Somebody help! Darkwillow is dead!"