Chapter 30

Drizzlestar woke with a start, looking around with confusion. She wasn't in her den beside Leapfrost anymore, she was in WindClan's camp.
"Give him back!" A cat with her voice shouted.
Drizzlestar whipped her head around to see herself, face to face with a WindClan warrior. The WindClan cat was blurry compared to the other cats, but they seemed to be the one in command. Each leader's warriors were behind them, all ready to fight.
No... it couldn't be Blackstar... could it? Drizzlestar thought.
"W-What's going on?!" Drizzlestar shouted, running towards the FireClan cats. "I command you to all stop!"
But no one listened.
"No, he will remain with WindClan." The cat growled. "It's the path he's chosen. You can not control him forever."
"Then if you won't give him back, we'll make you!" Drizzlestar spat.
Drizzlestar watched in horror as she saw herself attack the WindClan warrior, causing everyone else to fight.
"No... please no!" Drizzlestar begged, and watched as the other version of herself placed an unsheathed paw on the cat's throat.
Drizzlestar backed away. She scanned the battlefield, some cats were wounded, and some lay on the ground, limp.
Drizzlestar turned around and fled, trying to give herself a reason why she would ever lead an attack on WindClan. How she could let so many die, and for what, one cat?
Drizzlestar stopped, closing her eyes. But why would WindClan refuse to give back the cat, and who is it in the first place?

"You've failed me, you fool!"
Darkwillow stood unflinching, as his leader, Nightscar, circled him.
"Now what are we supposed to do, huh?" Nightscar spat.
Darkwillow sighed. "Don't worry, Nightscar. I have a plan."
"And how do I know if you're so called plan will work?" Nightscar growled. "The apprentice you were supposed to recruit killed you! What a weakling you are."
Darkwillow growled. "I'm not weak! And I'm not going to let something like that happen again!"
"You better not mess up again, Darkwillow." Nightscar hissed.
"Just give up on him, what makes Darkwillow so special?" A cat said, appearing from the undergrowth.
"He's been loyal to the Dark Forest longer than you can imagine, Wolfbone." Nightscar meowed. "He has potential to become a great leader."
Wolfbone just snorted. "He didn't even help fight by my side when he promised that I would lead ShadowClan. Look where his leadership got me."
  Nightscar's ear twitched, and he glanced at Darkwillow. "His plans never do succeed... do I really have to do everything myself?"
Darkwillow stepped forward. "I'm not making any more mistakes, you can count on me. This is just the beginning. It will take some time, but it will be worth it in the end. Brokenclaw will get what is coming for him, and so will everyone he loves."

———————————
Thank you to everyone for reading A Twisted Path! This book might be over, but the series will still continue. The next book, Falling Stars, will be coming out soon! Anyways, I hoped you've enjoyed the series so far!