Chapter 27

"Talonthorn! Talonthorn!"
The clan cheered Talonthorn's new name, and he puffed out his chest proudly. He heard Frostpaw's voice and looked over to the pretty white she-cat, smiling as her blue eyes twinkled at him.
Him and his brother, now known as Finchtail, had just passed their warriors assessments, and Talonthorn couldn't be happier.
As Blackstar jumped down from the Highedge, Talonthorn's clanmates gathered around him and his brother.
"Congratulations!" Birchbark purred. He had gotten his warriors name not too long ago, but to Talonthorn it seemed like it was ages ago.
"Yes, I'm so proud of you!" Talonthorn's old mentor, Orangepelt agreed.
"You both were such good apprentices!" Gorsecloud added.
Timberfall walked through the crowd to get to the new warriors, and Talonthorn looked up at the deputy's amber-colored eyes. "Congratulations you two. Just don't forget you have to guard the camp tonight."
"Yes Timberfall!" Finchtail replied, and Talonthorn nodded.

The next morning, Talonthorn walked into camp, yawning. It had been a cold, long night, and he was glad it was finally over.
"I still can't believe we are warriors now!" Finchtail purred.
"I still remember when you two were just little kits!" Maplebranch said, walking over to them. "Timberfall is sorting patrols, but he said you two can rest if you want."
Talonthorn nodded. "Tell him we said thanks! Good luck out there, Maplebranch!"
Maplebranch purred, turning his head then walking away.
Talonthorn led the way to the warriors den, where he saw Birchbark finishing putting together two nests.
"Here are your nests!" Birchbark mewed. He glanced outside to see Hushpaw and Hoppaw following their mentors out of camp. "I can't wait until Hushpaw becomes a warrior too!"
Finchtail purred with amusement. "Of course you would say that..."
"So, how does it feel like to be WindClan's new warriors?" Birchbark licked his chest fur, obviously trying to change the subject.
"It's great so far." Talonthorn answered, plopping down in his nest beside Finchtail.
"Anyways, I'll let you two rest!" Birchbark mewed. He bounded out of the den, and Talonthorn watched him go.
Talonthorn slowly drifted off to sleep, but woke up moments later. He looked around, and realized he was no longer in the warriors den, but instead was in WindClan's camp, battling cats around him. He saw Blackstar, slowly losing a life, a pale gray she-cat with blazing green eyes hovering over her.
"No!" He shouted, racing towards the two cats, but as he lunged at the she-cat, he just went right through her as if she wasn't even there.
His eyes widened as he recognized ShadowClan's leader, Tigerstar, barrel into the pale gray cat, killing her without hesitating.
Talonthorn stepped back in horror, but then the she-cat gasped for air, staggering to her paws as she yowled to retreat.
She must be a leader! Talonthorn suddenly thought. But I've never seen her before... am I seeing the future?
The world around him began to blur, and flashes of white fur raced in front of him.
"Be careful with who you trust, Talonthorn." A voice whispered. "Not everyone can be trusted..."
"What does that mean!" Talonthorn demanded. But he just jerked awake, back in the warriors den. He was panting, as if he had just run through the moor.
What in the name of StarClan was that? Talonthorn thought with confusion. And what was it trying to tell me?