Chapter 7

Brokenkit had to get Boulderkit away from camp, and he knew just how to do it.
  He prodded Boulderkit's side, hissing in his ear. "Wake up."
  Boulderkit opened his eyes and looked at Brokenkit, growling. "Oh, it's you. What do you want?"
  Brokenkit narrowed his eyes. "Follow me. There's something I want to show you."
  Boulderkit got to his paws, twitching his tail. "Fine, but it better be good."
  "Oh, it will be." Brokenkit said under his breath as he led the way out of the den, and through the dirt place tunnel. It was the only way out of camp without getting spotted.
  As they entered the forest, Boulderkit snorted. "How long will it take until we get there?"
  Brokenkit stopped, then turned to look at Boulderkit. He hissed. "Listen, I know you were the one who attacked Dizzykit!"
  Boulderkit shrugged. "Yeah?"
  Brokenkit growled as he lunged at him, his claws unsheathed. "You will pay for what you have done!"
  Boulderkit's eyes widened as Brokenkit pinned him down. "Are you insane! What are you doing?!"
  "The same thing you did to Dizzykit!" Brokenkit spat, swiping his claws across one of Boulderkit's ears.
  Boulderkit yowled in pain, digging his claws into Brokenkit's belly before kicking him off. Brokenkit landed on his paws, moving out of the way just as Boulderkit lunged at him.
  Boulderkit spun around and clawed Brokenkit's face, getting him right next to his eye.
  Brokenkit hissed in anger, quickly knocking Boulderkit off his paws. Just as he was about to pounce, a yowl erupted from nearby. He recognized Tigerstar's voice and froze.
  "What in the name of StarClan is going on here?!" Tigerstar demanded.
  "I-" Brokenkit gulped, lowering his head.
  "He attacked me!" Boulderkit wailed.
  "Brokenkit would never!" Flamestrike, who was beside Tigerstar, exclaimed.
  "It seems like he would." A pale gray tom hissed.
  "Don't jump to conclusions, Cloudfur." Tigerstar said. He looked back to the kits. "Tell me everything. I want to hear both sides of the story."
  "I only attacked him because of what he did to Dizzykit!" Brokenkit spoke up immediately.
  "I did no such thing!" Boulderkit gasped in shock.
  "Admit it! Or I won't be afraid to attack you again!" Brokenkit spat.
  "Enough! No one is attacking anyone. The only cat who can tell us who is lying, is Dizzykit. We will go back to camp and meet in my den to settle this." Tigerstar growled.

  Brokenkit sat across from his father, Dizzykit and Boulderkit on either side of him.
  "I told you not to do anything!" Dizzykit murmured in his ear.
  Brokenkit looked down. He knew he made a promise to Dizzykit, but he couldn't just let something like this go.
  "Dizzykit, Brokenkit tells me that Boulderkit was the one who attacked you, is this true?" Tigerstar asked.
  Boulderkit narrowed his eyes at Dizzykit as she shifted her paws.
  "And please, tell the truth." Tigerstar added.
  Dizzykit sighed, slowly nodding. "Yes... yes he did."
  Boulderkit hissed.
  Tigerstar narrowed his eyes. "Then both Brokenkit and Boulderkit will be punished."
  Brokenkit's eyes widened. "But-"
  Tigerstar silenced him with a flick of his tail. "You attacked a cat as well, so you will be punished too."
  Brokenkit sighed but said no more.
  "You will both be held back from becoming apprentices by four days, you're lucky I'm not making it for a moon." Tigerstar growled. "And while you're at it, you will be helping the elders for those days as well."
  "Yes Tigerstar." Brokenkit and Boulderkit said.
  "Now go, and I better not see you two fighting anymore." Tigerstar looked from Brokenkit to Boulderkit.
  The three kits walked outside. Boulderkit growled at Brokenkit before racing over to Honeykit.
  Before Brokenkit could say anything to Dizzykit, Tigerstar's voice rang around the clearing.
  "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highstone for a clan meeting!"
  Brokenkit felt panic rise through him. Would Tigerstar announce his punishment to the clan?
  As the clan gathered, Tigerstar continued speaking. "Thistlepaw, Antpaw, and Larkpaw, please step forward."
  Brokenkit sighed with relief as he watched the apprentices step forward.
  "I, Tigerstar, call my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have worked hard to learn your code and your ways." Tigerstar looked at Thistlepaw. "Thistlepaw, you have worked hard for this moment, and no cat could be prouder. From this moment on, you shall be known as Thistlepelt. May StarClan light your path."
  As the clan cheered his name, Thistlepelt dipped his head.
  Tigerstar turned to Antpaw. "Antpaw, StarClan honors your speed and agility. Heavyfur has taught you well." Brokenkit turned to see Heavyfur, looking at his apprentice with pride. "From this moment on, you will be known as Antclaw. We welcome you as a full warrior of ShadowClan."
  "Antclaw! Antclaw!" Brokenkit chanted with his clanmates.
  Tigerstar finally looked at Larkpaw. "Larkpaw, we honor your courage and bravery, and are proud to have you as a warrior of ShadowClan. From this moment on, you will be known as Larkcloud. Welcome new warriors!"
  "Larkcloud! Antclaw! Thistlepelt!"
  As the cheering died down, the clan broke apart. Acornkit came running towards Brokenkit.
  "Brokenkit! Boulderkit told me what happened!" Acornkit said. "We won't be apprenticed together!"
  "Don't worry, I won't be far behind. Just promise me you'll make sure Honeykit doesn't do anything to Dizzykit, okay?" Brokenkit glanced at Dizzykit.
  "I'm sure once I'm an apprentice, I can look after myself!" Dizzykit protested.
  "I know, but just in case." Brokenkit said.
  Dizzykit sighed. "Fine."
  Brokenkit rested his tail on her shoulder. "You're my best friend, I don't want anything to happened to you."
  Dizzykit nodded. "I know. And that's why you're my best friend too."