Chapter 25

It's been about a moon since Frostpaw became Brokenheart's apprentice.
Talonpaw continued his training but often visited her when he had the time.
The sun was beginning to set, and the the WindClan cats were chatting and sharing tongues.
Talonpaw was with the other apprentices, sharing a piece of fresh kill with his brother. He licked his lips as he finished his share, then looked at Birchpaw as he began talking.
"My mentor told me I'll be taking my warriors assessment tomorrow!" Birchpaw said with a smile. "I hope I pass!"
Hushpaw nudged him gently, purring. "Of course you'll pass! You're the best at everything, there's no way you would mess up!"
Birchpaw grinned. "Thanks."
Talonpaw wondered when he and Finchpaw would become warriors. They had been training for many moons already. He looked around for his mentor, but when he couldn't see the orange tom, he guessed he was with Brokenheart. And Frostpaw was always so busy, he wished that he'd get to see her more often.
"I wish Frostpaw could be here with us." Talonthorn said bluntly. He meant to say it in his head, and ducked his head down in embarrassment.
Finchpaw's whiskers twitched with amusement. "You know, you talk an awful lot about that she-cat."
"Of course, she's my friend!" Talonpaw growled.
Hoppaw rolled her eyes. "Don't say that when you're obviously padding after her."
"Everyone notices it." Hushpaw mewed. "And you looked so disappointed when she became a medicine cat apprentice!"
Talonpaw felt his pelt heat up. "N-No! We're just friends, okay? Even if I did like her, you shouldn't be nosing around in my business!"
Finchpaw's gaze softened. "Okay, okay. We didn't know you would be offended. You know we're just teasing."
"I'm going to sleep." Talonpaw murmured, getting to his paws. He slipped into the apprentices den and lyed down in his nest, resting his head on his paws and quickly shutting his eyes.

"I didn't know herbs could do so much." Orangepelt purred softly.
He was helping Brokenheart sort herbs while Shadowpelt and Frostpaw were out collecting some more herbs they needed. He only knew the very basic herbs, but never knew there were so many with different uses.
"Not everything is about fighting, you know." Brokenheart mewed. "Herbs have many uses."
Orangepelt nodded slowly, starting to put away all of the poppyseeds.
"Have you ever thought about being a warrior before?" Orangepelt asked as he worked.
Brokenheart shrugged. "Maybe at some point I thought about it, but it was always my dream to be a medicine cat. I want to be able to help my clanmates in a different way."
Orangepelt smiled. "How do you think I would be as a medicine cat?"
Brokenheart rolled her eyes dramatically. "You would be terrible! I could never imagine you to be able to stay in the medicine cat's den long enough. You're meant to run on the moor, and always has been."
Orangepelt purred, finishing on putting away the last herbs. "Hey, want to go share a piece of fresh kill with me? We can sit by the patch of grass near the nursery, it's where I used to play as a kit."
Brokenheart nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I'd love that."
  Orangepelt led the way out of the den, and looked at the setting sun as Brokenheart stepped out beside him. She continued to the fresh kill pile, and Orangepelt purred as he raced after her.
  Brokenheart had showed him that not everyone should be judged by their parents or their past. He was a half clan cat, so it was hard for him to be accepted into the clan, and he understood somewhat of how Brokenheart felt.
  Brokenheart's father had been a murderer, and was sent to the Dark Forest when he died. So in Orangepelt's eyes, he felt more like himself around Brokenheart than when he is around any other cat. He felt a strong connection towards Brokenheart, and even if she didn't feel the same way, he will always be there to make sure she is safe, no matter what the cost.