=14=

Minghao opened the door to his dorm carefully, peaking his head inside to look around. The lights were out so he assumed Jun was asleep. He released a sigh of relief and stood up straight, walking inside normally. He made his way to the room and saw Jun in bed, facing the wall. Minghao grabbed some clothes to sleep in and changed.

After he changed he slid into bed, ready to go to sleep. "Don't think I forgot. I'll get you back for what you did, it'll be a surprise though." Minghao jumped out of surprise from the sudden voice. He looked over to see Jun smiling at him.

Minghao smiled back, "I'll be waiting then. Goodnight Jun."

"Night Minghao." With that they both fell asleep.

———

Sunday passed normally, even though Minghao spent the day a little on edge. Now it was Monday and it was the day they start power training(because yuh girl is lazy and wants to move the story on to a tad more exciting things whoops).

Everyone was at the training hall, already in their uniforms and gathered in front of coach. "Okay everyone, today starts all of you improving the control and ability of your powers. This not only helps you improve your control on your abilities, but gets you ready for the annual competition held in the winter."

The coach went on a motivational speech that wasn't interesting so Minghao nudged Mingyu with his elbow to grab his attention. He leaned over to him and whispered, "I didn't know there was a competition."

"Yeah its a big thing here. Classes compete against other classes. At the end, the classes are ranked based on how well you did. Most people want to be number one," Mingyu replied.

Minghao thought about it. The idea was really interesting to him. He hoped he could improve enough to do well in the competition, it sounded fun.

"Okay guys, everyone's powers are different so each of you need different training. You can start training with your units for now, eventually we'll have everyone training together. I'll walk around and help you," the coach finally announced.

Everyone broke away into their groups. "It'll be easier to train in pairs. We can later on try and switch partners so we can all train together," Hoshi suggested.

Everyone agreed. "I'll be Minghao's partner for now then," Jun announced with no room for argument. The two groups gave each other room and they began. "So let's start with something like making a dummy catch on fire," Jun suggested. He wanted to help Minghao as much as he could.

"Okay," Minghao replied. He looked at the dummy that was near by and raised his hand. He kept trying to picture the dummy on fire and trying to will it on fire but nothing happened. He tried doing different posses and shouting things like, "Flamo appearo!" With no luck. After a few minutes of this Minghao stopped and sighed. He looked over at Jun with a scowl, "Nothing is happening."

Jun has just been watching this train wreck while pinching the bridge of his nose. "You're not concentrating enough. Are you even trying to use your power? It's a part of you. You have to find it, focus on it, and feel it. You can't just expect things to happen with lame poses and chanting ridiculous words," Minghao was caught off guard with Jun's blunt words but knew he was right. The things he was saying made sense and he knew Jun already has way more experience with his power than he did.

Minghao furrowed his brow and nodded. He looked back at the dummy and put his hand up. This time he closed his eyes and concentrated. He took deep breathes and tried to feel his power inside of him. He kept focusing on finding his power and thinking about how it feels when he uses it accidentally. Soon he felt heat start to form in his chest. He tried to focus on making it travel to his hand and felt the heat make its way through his body to his arm and then to his hand.

"Okay open your eyes," Jun commanded. He opened his eyes to see that his hand was on fire. He gasped out of shock and the flames went away. "Why did you stop?" Jun questioned.

"Sorry I was just surprised," Minghao smiled. 'I'm already making progress' he thought to himself. He was really excited. He turned back to the dummy and focused again. Once he felt the heat travel to his hand he slowly opened his eyes, ready to see his hand on fire this time.

"Okay now you have to push the energy you have at the dummy," Jun instructed. Minghao focused all the energy he could and waved his hand upwards. The flames traveled from his hand and made their way towards the dummy in a wave of fire. Unfortunately, they died out halfway there and the dummy was only about 5 yards away.

"What the fuck!" Minghao shouted. Minghao stared at the dummy, to Minghao it wore a smug gloating face, even if it had a blank head. He stomped over to the dummy and kicked it over. After a few deep breaths he turned back around to Jun, who had an unamused face and a raised eyebrow. "It was mocking me!" Minghao defended. Jun just shook his head.

"Okay everyone, class is over. Go home and rest up," the coach announced. Everyone stopped their training and made their way into the locker room to change. They were all ready for a good nights rest after their long day of work.

"What! how can class be over already?!" Minghao pouted. How did he go through that whole class and not even set the dummy on fire. He had one goal and he didn't accomplish it.

Jun walked over to him and grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's get changed. Stop pouting, you've made a lot of progress today," Jun said as he pulled the both of them into the locker room with the others.

Minghao smiled a little at that. "You really think so?" He asked.

Jun looked back and gave a soft smile in return, "Yeah I do. Now stop pouting. You'll have more days to work on your power." This made Minghao a lot happier. He was proud of himself for finally learning to do something with his powers. Jun saw that Minghao's mood lightened and was glad he could could make Minghao feel better.

They all got dressed and ready to go. Everyone felt a bit sluggish after using their powers so much. They all said some goodbyes and then started to go home. "Jun have you ever been in the competition?" Minghao decided to ask.

Jun looked over at Minghao with a raised brow, then looked back forwards. "Yeah. It was alright I guess. I did the individual competition though, since I didn't have a class to compete with."

"You didn't have a class? There are individual competitions?" Minghao asked, curious about the new information.

"Yeah, classes aren't formed until the vice principle finds students that are, in her eyes, compatible. She has some sort of ability that allows her to do that, find people that work well with each other," Jun explained. "The individual competitions are for people not in classes or people who just want to prove they're the best and most powerful in school."

These competitions were getting Minghao excited. He wanted to compete with his friends and go far. He also wanted to see what the rest of the school had to offer.

This book is sinking. My apologies. I'm trying to update as fast as I can and actually make the updates interesting but I suck so it's not very good :/